Ecoboost Owner Forums

TSW's Powder Coated & Other Surprises..... July 2014

Stopped by the body shop earlier today, and brought with me the new parts, so they could molest them on their own, & verify their ability to install same. Pretty happy to report they think they'll be able to pull it off successfully. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed yet again.

Dropped off car to / at the body shop this morning. Work on the body repairs caused by the exhaust shop have commenced......

Here's a shot of the newly PC'd wheels on the car. They're a lil dirty from driving, but you get the idea.....

DSC_0001_zpsb08492d4.jpg

DSC_0002_zps3167b209.jpg

DSC_0004_zps99d4c931.jpg

DSC_0005_zps21c923b4.jpg

Hoping for a pickup mid to late next week..... keeping fingers crossed.

Well, had a trial to testify in this morning, however it proceeded quicker than anticipated, with a plea agreement being struck. I took advantage of the earlier than expected release, to bring my youngest daughter (13) over with me to the body shop to see how progress was coming along on my heavily modified 2010 Taurus SHO.

I am thankful for at least one (of my three daughters) for having been completely enamored with / by the "car scene" and she's always asking to help out when it comes to cleaning / detailing not only my car, but any others I happen to do (on behalf of family or friends). She was treated to a full press tour of the facility, and was able to see all the "behind the scenes" intricacies of body repair, collision work, as well as (like in my case) custom work.

Luckily, I had enough wherewithal to bring along with me a ice cold case of bottled beers, to help chock their employee fridge with, to enjoy at the end of their work day.

I say luckily, because the one fabricator laughed when he saw what my hands were filled with and retorted "How did you know I needed stress relief? Funny you bring those, as I was just cursing you out for this latest project you tasked me with".

I just smiled and asked how it was coming along? He brought me over to the my car and showed me some of the custom things he needed to fabricate, and tack weld into place.

Pretty cool stuff I must admit and I'll tell 'ya what..... I am always, ALWAYS thoroughly impressed with the level of talent and quality that this particular shop has always put forth in regards to any of their work.

I was also happy with the fact that the damage caused by the exhaust shop as previously described, is nearly complete. The back bumper has been removed and is primed for repainting. The front of the hood, where the latch is located, has also been repaired and is now void of any bumps, kinks, divets from careless people who smashed the hood closed, with no, or very little regard to preventing damage to the hood in this isolated area over the years.

Now, I was tempted to take pictures, and I did bring my camera with, however, not wanting to ruin the surprise, I opted to refrain from snapping away.

Looks like I should be getting my baby back mid to late next week. I am becoming excited about my SHO once again.

As a mid week update, I did stop by the body shop on Monday, & was a lil dismayed at the fact that no further progress had occurred since last week.

To boot, they claimed they couldn't start the car, and had placed it on a charger. The way they described what was going on, it led me to believe that one of their staff inadvertently left something on, or running, or what have you, that caused my near brand new battery to drain.

Especially after the fabricator exclaims out loud while I'm speaking with one of the co-owner's "yeah, I had no problems with it whatsoever last week. Like none at all".

So, umm..... yea. An oversight nonetheless. But they are swamped with work and I'm just appreciative of the work they are performing. Oh well.

So I asked them to call me if any issues arise with them re-charging the battery and what not, which they said they would, and my phone's been silent. I'm afraid to head over there again, as it may be perceived as being pesky, or pushy, or w/e.

So alas, I'll just wait it out at this point.

The phone being silent could mean one of two things.

1.) They simply haven't worked on the car at all. Or,

2.) They are working on it (again) and no further issues have arisen.

So at this juncture, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that everything else proceeds w/o a hitch.

But in closing, and thinking about this more. I suppose we can refer to these current mods and break them down into two stages. Or perhaps three stages if you want to include the anticipated addition of the Megan Racing Coil Overs.

Stage 1: (nearly complete)

Exhaust shop damage body repairs, to include repainting rear bumper, repairing hood near OEM latch, and a secret squirrely addition beyond that. Powder Coated the TSW's in Gloss Black.

Stage 2: (anticipated completion end of July 2014)

**Would be considered a MAJOR undertaking by most owner's standards. Not yet revealed / No details being released at this time**.

Work on this stage of the game, has been, or is nearly complete, but involves some testing and other parameters that won't be finalized until last 2 weeks of July. That's all I feel comfortable saying for now.

Stage 3: (mid August 2014)

Megan Racing Coil Overs

Good luck with getting the car sorta finished....I understand what you mean when you don't know whether to go check on the car or if they think you will are being "pushy"....anyway, I hope they get working on it without any further distractions and we see you back with a complete car very soon!

I'm hoping so too Dave. I was on a paid rental for the 1st four days (compliments of the exhaust shop) but am now tooling around in a loaner. I am off this entire upcoming weekend & would really like to get intimate with my car once again. Especially since I was invited to participate in this year's big DUB Car Show / Concert Event Tour being held once again at Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center on Sunday, July 13th, 2014.

Guest Guest

Oh, I thought you had to work all weekend. Even more hopes that you get it back Friday for a nice weekend with your favorite girl. I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics from the show.

Made another pit stop at the body shop today (07/02/14) and although I am sad to report that the car's not done, I am happy in the same token though, that progress has been made.

I asked about a tentative completion date, as I was never really provided one previously (and nor did I dare ask) but seeing as this is now week 3 the car's been at their facility, I thought it best to actually ask, as an indication that I am beyond antsy, and would like the car back in my garage, not theirs.

As such, the delays were explained in detail to me, and I understood the information that was provided. I also understand that some of the work involved, is extremely custom, and as such, unforeseen challenges will (and do) arise respectively.

All that said, I have been told they are aiming for a completion date of Wednesday July 9th, 2014 at the soonest, and/or Friday July 11th, 2014 at the latest.

Just wanted to keep the community updated.

Thanks for the update, hoping everything proceeds smoothly and they can complete on schedule...I can't imagine going that long without the car...it's tough to ask for a completion date without sounding like you're being pushy, but I'm sure you handled it very tactfully! Hope to see photos of the completion ASAP! Happy 4th to you and the family! Thanks for the update...had been wondering how things were going the past couple of days!

Guest Guest

Thanks for the update! I would be going crazy about a week or two ago. I sure hope the wait is worth it. We are all waiting with you to see the results. No short of amazing I imagine.

Any updates?

It's flip'n driving me bonkers that it's not done yet..... **sigh**

I was told they are "aiming for" this Wednesday. But could possibly be as late as Friday. This info current as of last Wednesday 07/02/2014.

My ability to attend the 2014 Chicago Monster Energy / DUB Car Show Concert Tour (scheduled for this Sunday, 07/13/2014 indoors @ McCormick Place Convention Center on the city's lakefront) is in jeopardy at this point. Which doesn't make me happy.

As it stands, I'll be minus the hood stripes and the TT / Methanol Injected lettering due to paint work, and having to wait a couple of weeks before re-applying them (I ordered another replacement set from Ken @ Classic Cars and they're just sitting on the dining room table collecting dust at the moment).

I'm trying to remain resilient and positive and happy happy joy joy but the delays are tearing down that demeanor with every word that I type..... **sigh** (again).

Not happy that your car isn't done, but thanks for reminding me that I need to order a new set of hood stripes...mine have some discoloration/stains (and no I have no idea how) but I would love to get Ken to make me a new set....would you mine posting his address when you have a minute. Thanks, hope your car is done ASAP! But having to have the hood repainted....hmmm, sounds like a hint as to the newest mod...

Stopped by the body shop today, nearly complete. Here's a couple of sh!tty cell phone pics I snapped off, before I was scurried away...... Anybody see an obvious exterior addition?

IMG_20140710_132020_183_zpso9czjqyi.jpg

IMG_20140710_132008_281_zpsuuoh0ei0.jpg

IMG_20140710_131953_063_zpsqmsccvxi.jpg

IMG_20140710_132043_892_zpsystjcxfh.jpg

IMG_20140710_132055_575_zps1z2zbc2x.jpg

For those of you who may guess correctly, you will also notice that I am also missing some things as well. Those missing items will be replaced.

Now I have yet even another BIG surprise which I have yet to reveal.........

But some upcoming scheduled testing and tweaking (and the results of same) will be released simultaneously. Must wait until the 1st weekend in August for that info.

For now however, I am very happy with the body shop's extensive amount of work involved in not only the necessary repairs performed in relation to the exhaust shop damage, but also the extra work performed.

Including, but not limited to, repainting the entire rear bumper (as the factory finish was yellowing), raising the rear trunk lid to prevent bottoming out onto the newly painted rear bumper, adding finishing covers to the back portions of the lower front chin spoiler, near / inside of each front wheel well, repairing the damage to the hood near the factory latch from careless people over the years slamming the hood shut and causing dents / creases in the seam / crease, as well as the additional exterior mod I'm leaving y'all to guess.

So lot's of good times ahead once again..... allow me a couple of more weeks to reveal the BIG reveal...... As always good people..... Stay Tuned!