Ecoboost Owner Forums

MDesign Dual Carbon Fiber Cold-Air-Intake

MDesigns

A dual cold air intake system consisting of 2 high-flow air filters feeding each turbo, each shielded with genuine carbon fiber heat shields, black ceramic coated intake piping and all necessary hardware to bolt on. This kit will convert your blow-off valves to vent-to-atmosphere (VTA).

Note: Not California emissions compliant (for off-road use only).

The group buy price will be $399 + S&H, please add yourself to the list if interested. Lead time is 1-2 weeks after group buy class is confirmed.

1.RisskyBusiness
2.BBOX

Curious as to what that corrugated flexible piece of tubing is? The one that appears to be just simply laying haphazardly towards the stock inlet area. That is for.....???

Is that connected to a "genuine carbon fiber heat shield" as outlined in the product description?

I'm with Dave on this one, do you happen to have any images of the individual pieces by chance?

Thanks in advance.

Very interesting. Do you have any shots of the separate pieces?

No shots of the separate pieces currently.

Yes' date=' I had the same thoughts as bpd...I wondered about the tubing that looks open to the engine compartment, by the stock inlet. [/quote']

The tubing is the cold-air duct, the user can decide to run the ducts anywhere they please for a source of fresh air. For my own configuration I slightly modified the OEM air inlet for the front turbo source, the rear turbo cold-air duct is routed to the bottom of the front bumper area.

sl1k43.jpg

30utqg0.jpg

A dual cold air intake system consisting of 2 high-flow air filters feeding each turbo, each shielded with genuine carbon fiber heat shields, black ceramic coated intake piping and all necessary hardware to bolt on. This kit will convert your blow-off valves to vent-to-atmosphere (VTA).

Note: Not California emissions compliant (for off-road use only).

The group buy price will be $399 + S&H, please add yourself to the list if interested. Lead time is 1-2 weeks after group buy class is confirmed.

1.BBOX

I'm going to put my name down for this. I met Ahmed today picking up his exhaust, he says he's gotten a lot of interest from people privately but no one is putting their name on the group buy, which he's putting together so he can buy materials in bulk. Unfortunately I was unable to see the intake myself when I met up with him. As someone who is very interested in this intake and wants to help see it become a reality since other options seem to be questionable at best, I'd like to encourage interested parties to add their names to this list, and ask any questions about the intake publicly so we can all see them.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...