Ecoboost Owner Forums

Voice commands not working

Hello All,

Okay, I am really enjoying my 2013 SHO. Except for one little issue. The voice control for Sync does not respond to me. I am pushing on the voice button and trying the commands, but not getting any responses (LOL - insert joke here). Also, when I receive a text message on my phone, which is paired to the car, I push the "ok" button to listen to the message and nothing happens. Do I need to sync my ride to get access to these features. I can make/end calls using the touch panel, but not via voice command. The car has the Sony upgraded sound system.

So, what am I doing wrong? Is the problem the loose nut behind the wheel or the system itself. The car is about 2 1/2 years old so I have some factory warranty left. Also, the touch screen does not always work at the left lower corner where the entertainment link is located. I some times have to press it several times before it responds. I do notice this problem is worse when the car has been sitting in the hot sun for some time as opposed to first thing in the morning. Could the direct sun be heating the surface to the point it does not recognize the act of physical touch?

Thanks,

Bruce

I have registered and downloaded the update. I followed the directions to a "T" and the car won't accept the update or it is unable to update. Because, when I put the thumb drive back into my PC to report back on the update, the file my car would upload is missing. So I'm not sure what's happening. Bruce

HEY, the forum is back up and running I see. Cool. Okay now for business. It took several attempts but I finally got the update loaded. After doing that the system came alive and seems to be working just fine now. It's just weird the system did not work before doing that. Oh well. Thanks for the help guys. B.