Ecoboost Owner Forums

B.o.v (Blow off valve)

I recently tuned my car and now i can hear the factory b.o.v release air.But i want to install a after market b.o.v so the noise will be louder. Has anyone one put a after market b.o.v in there sho and if you did can you help me out with some info and pictures would help out a lot thanks.:tongue:

Keep in mind that your turbo system is a recirculating/regenerating turbo system. It is using boost post shift for the new gear. As opposed to a mechanical turbo system that starts fresh after every shift. So, venting to atmosphere is NOT ideal for your EcoBoost platform. If more "turbo noise" is what you're after our Thunderstorm Downpipes will achieve that!

ARE you saying that Because of this Simple mod. This resulted in the Death of the Engine..!

Sounds a tad extreme to me, But if that is a True Statement can you Elaborate, Thanks in advance

If turbo sound is what you're after it is a much better investment is a new cold air and downpipes. Performance and sound, best of both worlds.

• 3 weeks later...

The down side is the fact that this is a bypass/recirc valve, not a blow-off valve. Unless Ford's are different, it does 2 things: 1. Relieves pressure off throttle and puts it in front of the turbo to help reduce deceleration of the turbo and 2. Opens during vacuum situations before boost builds to allow the air to flow better off-boost. Increases the response of the engine. The second being the dangerous part because that valve is now open and acting like an extra intake...now unfiltered. If these don't bypass, then you simply lose some efficiency.

I have an aftermarket blow off valve on my 2013 SHO. I bought a set of used hot pipes and it came with it so I had to install it. While I am not a big fan of the noise I have not noticed any decreased performance with it installed. Our car run off of MAP not MAF so the brief air inlet, if any when you let of the gas and the valve open briefly to relieve the pressure and then closes again will not make a difference. When my car shifts it is staying in boost and the boost along with the spring is what keeps the valve closed, it does not open until I let off the gas and then like I said only briefly to relieve the pressure.

Sounds like there are enough reasons not to go to a BOV..simply decreasing performance is enough to steer me away from it.

Just to clear this up, I did not get any decrease in performance with TiAL blow off valve on my car. It ran the same at the track as it did before it was installed, no difference what so ever.

• 6 months later...