Ecoboost Owner Forums

Taurus Police Pursuit Wheels

• 9 months later...

Greetings:

Perhaps you have some idea, as you seem to have some insight into the police tires for the Taurus; I have a 2013 Ford Taurus, Limited Sedan 4D which came with 19" tires (255/45R19) on alloy rims (19" x 8.5" Type 2 Painted, Ford OEM: DG1Z1007E). We had a bad experience with the emergency donut tire and wheel (17" x 4" Spare Wheel and Tire, Ford OEM: 3570) and have decided to purchase an additional original rim and another 255/45R19 tire. As expected, the new 'spare' tire fits snug in the tire well however, due to the difference in the thickness between the tires, the new tire extends above the floor trunk compartment floor leaving it impossible to put the spare tire cover flat in place. Further, for the same reason, the current spare tire hold down J hook is too short and cannot be fastened.

I have read in various places that a police cruiser version of our car indeed has an elevated stowage box assembly. I did isolate what I suspect has been discussed (Ford PART: 31148, Trunk Compartment Trim; SUB-PART: 17009, Box Asy - Stowage Police Version) however I have no idea if this is what I need. Also, there was some discussion of an easier and less expensive Aftermarket riser alternative but I have had no luck finding one.

Please, if you have any insight into this issue or know of a fix, I would be grateful to hear back.

Regards