Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sctx4 sct tunes vs Torrie tune and what can you tune on the tunes

I know Torrie has basically full control with tune, but what can one do to self adjust any parameters . I thought I would use the stock sctx4 tune for the sho to play around, then when bored, add the sp534 plugs, thermostat, 3bar map and Torrie 93 tune. I am particular when I want my fans on, Max rpm, shift rpm, shifting in D and S more agressive, and taking off top end limiter. I also like to play with shifting feel, the throw you forward shift vs the chirp tires shifts.

What leadway do you get with this scanner, how are the stock sct tunes?

Anything anyone wants to comment on blast away I am thick skinned.....

• 4 months later...

I know Torrie has basically full control with tune, but what can one do to self adjust any parameters . I thought I would use the stock sctx4 tune for the sho to play around, then when bored, add the sp534 plugs, thermostat, 3bar map and Torrie 93 tune. I am particular when I want my fans on, Max rpm, shift rpm, shifting in D and S more agressive, and taking off top end limiter. I also like to play with shifting feel, the throw you forward shift vs the chirp tires shifts.

What leadway do you get with this scanner, how are the stock sct tunes?

Anything anyone wants to comment on blast away I am thick skinned.....

From what I noticed with the stock tune on my sctx4 you can adjust: spark advance/retard, shift pressure, shift timing via speed?, obvious variables to adjust speedometer based off tire size, the option to change idle speed at idle in neutral and drive, option to remove top end limiter(i clocked max speed right around 166) among a few others I cannot recall. The tune itself isn't bad although I don't know how much of a difference it made numbers wise; there is definitely a noticeable difference in power. Definitely recommend getting a professional tune done as well though.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk