Ecoboost Owner Forums
DaveE

DaveE's Fusion Sport Build

No doubt.  13.00 is a good time for a tune only SHO.  I'm .2 behind that now and there is more finite tuning to come.  I'm thinking 13.00 or better with a tune and mid 12's with down pipes.  Should be close or match the '12 SHO I had.  If I can match or get close to the old SHO, I'll be very happy! 

Edited by DaveE

No.  It went in very easy.  Take out two strut tower bolts on each side, put the brace in place, catch all four bolts, center brace and then snug them down.  I did the hood struts at the same time so I put the brackets in place first.  Under the brace flanges. 

Yes.  The engine immediately felt like it was breathing easier.  Sounds great too!  Very glad I invested in it.  I got to say that the 3.5 is really a force to be reckoned with. But between weight and power I would think the Edge and Explorer would be pretty close.  The SHO and the Fusion Sport are really close.  I pulled a 13.001 with my SHO on the LME 93 Perf 4+ and a 13.261 with the LME 93 Perf v.3 (I also weighed 100 lbs. more so that's a tenth LOL) Depending on what you read, the are the same stock.  

Thanks! Lately, I have been thinking, all I really want to do anymore is a dyno tune. Hopefully, this Winter to be the fastest tune only, 93 Octane Fusion. Then, tires and maybe wheels. If I can find any wheels I like better than the stock ones.

Dave, question for you:  With the stock tune and at wide-open-throttle did your car feel like it just falls on its face at the 1-2 shift?  My Continental has very strong engine power but the 1-2 shift is horrible at WOT.  It shifts great at part throttle and not too bad even with fairly heavy throttle but at WOT,  It feels like it hits the rev limiter prior to the shift.  The engine bogs, the shift occurs and then it surges forward again.

I really hope Livernois can address that but I was wondering how your Sport behaved when it was stock.    Also, did your transmission shift quickness improve as you accumulated more miles?

I tuned so early, I can't really remember. I know that on early tunes the shifts were quite firm. The tune I run now basically shifts with the same firmness as stock. Except at WOT when it firms up. Of course the tune also provides very noticeable performance gains.

I tuned so early, I can't really remember. I know that on early tunes the shifts were quite firm. The tune I run now basically shifts with the same firmness as stock. Except at WOT when it firms up. Of course the tune also provides very noticeable performance gains.

We really need a Dyno sheet from you DaveE

Yeah.  Right now, I am waiting for LME to say when to come out.  I already talked to the boss and I can go anytime. Just need to get fit in.  I'm hoping that my time on the dyno will yield a new tune for all the Sport guys to get.  12's with just a tune is probable!

That's awesome Dave! The rear sway bar should help a ton! Engineers always make cars have more understeer then oversteer since it's easier to handle for the regular driver. But we all know rotation in the rear is waaay more fun!