Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd's MASSIVE audio build......

Pink and white..... hmmmmm you could potentially have a good vehicle to hawk some Mary Kay products!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bet your sweet @$$ I sure will.

I need some type of income following my retirement from the Police gig.

Maybe I'll troll all the neighborhoods, and parks during the day, looking for all the hot MILF's with my Mary Kay collection in tow.....

And once they step close to the car, I'll crank up that audio and blow their clothes off and create vibrations in areas they won't soon forget!

Hell yea! What a MONUMENTAL idea! Lol!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got a call just now from owner of shop, he was wondering if I was stopping by today.....

Told him no, as I am fighting off a cold, and I am scheduled to work all weekend.

Told him I'd stop by this coming Monday, for week #4 update.

In the interim, he forwarded me a couple of pics, showing progress thus far. They are below:

7861_zps4apve31e.png

7863_zpslnqedrwn.png

7865_zpsvxerxj2j.png

So the 15's will be facing the interior. The "back wall" of the box for the 15's, which faces the trunk, will be a see through panel.

They've special ordered glass, and plan on finishing interior of box, illuminate it, etc.

They also removed the carpeting on the 12" boxes, re-fiberglassed it/re-shaped them partially.

Amps will be being installed in some sort of 'V' fashion.

Mind you, this is JUST THE TRUNK.

There will be more LED lighting being installed throughout the interior, as well as each door panel being modified to display the 5x7's in the doors.

More details as they unfold/occur.

I've always had a liking for custom built sound systems.

But admittedly, other than just liking the looks/sounds of them, I am by no means, versed in the arena to know all the particulars and technicals.

I remember my very 1st car, which was my Grandfather's, and I bought off of the family when he passed.

It was a 1982 Toyota Starlet. Wikipedia that, cuz it's that old.

But I love that car. I was all proud when I installed my headunit, and a pair of 8" Bazooka's in the hatch of that lil car.

I've been hooked ever since.

But stuff like you're talking about, and stuff like I'm having performed on the SHO currently, I leave that for the pro's.

Don't even care to attempt such artistry and talent.

Looks like things are really starting to move along, can't wait to see and hear the final project.  It will be outstanding. But I could never attempt any of these new installs, components and technology have way exceeded my knowledge and ability!  But you know that old saying about knowledge and wisdom: "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing no to use them in a fruit salad."

Wiring has begun.

Car looks like strands of spaghetti strewn all about.

8764_zpsbxi8rgbf.jpeg

Power converter, and extra battery mounted.

I did not get to the shop this past Monday, as I've been sick. But finally broke down and saw doc today, and walked out of there with a mini pharmacy in hand.

So, I will try to stop by there tomorrow for an update, and possibly some addt'l pics.

What's the converter for?

Going to install a PC and router?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ha, no.

It's used at shows when the car's on display.

It bypasses the car batteries, and runs off of normal, plug-in, electric service.

I can run anything and everything and have no worries about power draw/drain on the car's systems.

Nifty little device actually.

Product link located here:

http://cascadeaudio.com/power_converters/power_converters.htm

Edited by bpd1151

Apparently the installers are clocking in late hours at the shop tonight.

Just was sent a few more pics..... they built a box to mount the amps. Did another test fit, to make sure all was snug as a bug.

Looks like next up will be wrapping of various stuff, wiring, then adding lighting. After that, the rear deck will be customized, as well as each door panel.

8777_zpswrkafrbm.jpeg

8779_zpsygorzegk.jpeg

8781_zpso1606t0a.jpeg

I had a laugh with them, stating that here I thought for some odd reason, that you know, the SHO trunk was/is cavernous.

Apparently not when one's shoe horning as much gear into the car as I am with this latest project.

Geezuz. *SMH*

Edited by bpd1151

mike: yes looks like they are moving along well. hope to hear it someday. with nothing coming out about a sho convention, looks like it done, so really glad i made atleast got to 1 to meet. carlisle maybe when i retire.wish they had the mopar one week after the ford one then would be really on my list of things to do. got to keep nose to grindstone for new dd. will have a nice factory system 18 speaker harmon kardon w/2 10" subs. big enough for me. it amazing with the size of the sho trunk to use the whole thing. that's a lot of equipment.

Stopped by the shop today.

What a beautiful day I might add. Crazy for February that Chicago's on the verge of breaking high temp records that were set wayyyyyyyy back in the 1880's.

Today, and everyday up until next Tuesday, is forecast to be in the mid 60's. Just gorgeous.

Anyhow, I retrieved all the (empty) component boxes as I like the (lockable) cases, and figured they were taking up unnecessary room at their facility.

Didn't bother with pics, as mostly all the work entailed them having run endless feet of wiring, and who cares about pics of that.

I did see that the amp rack (which they have affectionately dubbed the "cradle of power") was formed/routed out on the sides, in order to match the curve of the 12" sub boxes in each corner of the trunk.

Sharp! Let me tell 'ya, these installers are super talented and definitely have an eye for the visual flair.

Project's coming along really nicely. Very happy thus far. The installers did discuss with me some other ideas of addt'l plexi over each amp, in order to illuminate each one with a glow of some sorts.

I liked what they pitched and told them sure, do it. Also said the materials to wrap everything will be in on Monday.

Owner of the shop is really pushing hard now to get this done in time for the "World of Wheels" show that 1st weekend of March. I reiterated there's no F'n rush, however, if the planets align, then so be it. I'm guessing he really wants me in the show, but me personally? IDGAF. I walked away empty handed the last two years in a row, so I'm not really inclined to entertain the thought of participating.

So we'll see. Side note, good Lord there's been a literal $h!t ton of weight added to the car. More so than even I anticipated. Like I am glad now I upgraded to the Wilwood's at all four corners, just to stop this beast.

Still hopeful for new speed records, albeit AFTER the add on of the upgraded HPFP, as well as the custom built trans...... even if that entails me having to spend a day or so un-hooking all this crap, and removing it, to save the weight for track runs specifically.

But normal day to day street encounters, eh...... not so sure. Least for now. LOL.

Anyhow, what else? Oh yea, these guys played a REALLY GOOD PRANK ON ME.

Anticipating my arrival earlier in the week (& not knowing I was sick) the shop owner was all insistent that I come in because according to him, we "needed to talk". I was like "dude, I'm sick, not getting out of bed, yet alone coming to visit your @$$".

So he sends me the two following pics and says "Installers had a slight mishap".

Here's the pics:

20170216_011627_zpsqubn2ghf.jpg

20170216_011559_zpsb44ihxb3.png

So ofcourse I flip the F out, and am like "WTF!?!?!?".

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I try to remain civil, and reply back "Hey, $h!t happens. It's all part of customizing I guess. As long as there's a plan to fix it".

Then, before the owner even says anything, I quip quickly "and no c0ck-a-manie ideas of slapping a sticker over it either!".

Owner laughs and replies "we were thinking of chucking a pink LED in that hole". Da f@ck!?!?! I was like "Ummm absolutely NOT!".

So, long story short, turned out it was all a joke. Apparently they do this to ALL of their customers who get big builds like this done, just to see the reaction of the car owners, and have a hearty laugh amongst themselves. Well they got me alright.

Turns out it's a half broken screw, that they simply place a small dab of black silicone on the broken side, and fasten it to an exterior panel, to give the appearance they perforated through it, from the inside.

Holy hell I laughed afterwards, but was simultaneously relieved. I chuckled though silently to myself, as I thought the following...... "paybacks are a b!tch".

Muahahahahaha.

I'll continue keeping the thread updated as progress unfolds. Everyone enjoy their weekend!

Edited by bpd1151

Oh boy, lemme tell 'ya..... these guys are relentless in their jokes and poking fun at me.

Bunch of goof balls.

So they're in the process of adding lighting. Got a couple of pics of their initial efforts at illuminating each amp, with the plexi overlay and such.....

White (as I've specified).....

9459_zpsc37hspqh.jpeg

And then their joking at the pink still.....

9458_zpspcpof8cx.jpeg

Ugh. Lol.

Anyhow, more progress. Slowly but surely. Enjoy!

mark:

when i added the 2 10" subs, really super small in comparison to mike's build. but wife said same thing too loud & even my daughter who likes loud music as i do said the vibration in the back seat was too much for her. so my master plan worked like a charm. by the way posted a pic of a fusion st in dave's section that showed up at a local cars & coffee, just a kind of get together, but lot was filled with my guess of a good 175 cars including many exotics, lambo, ferrari,porshe & even a nobile but a bunch of crap, ricers all over the place with each others tail pipe big then the other, same with spoilers. not much rep from my ford club so tried to park with my mopar buds but was told to get the class killer away from them. they are still mad about me beating them last year in oct & especially the guy with the viper. but anyway fusion st looked good, darker gray than dave's. personally like dave's color better. but boy do they have that engine bay full. would hate to work on it. mike we really don't have any high end show like yours. wouldn't go anyway, a man has to know his limitations.