Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd's MASSIVE audio build......

Oh there'll be vibrations alright.

Kind of expected with the set up I am having installed you know?

Four Amps, Two 15's, Two 12's, Pair of 6x9's, Four 5x7's, Four Tweeters.

There better d@mn well be some vibrating!

Maybe enough to vibrate the clothing right off of any/all models that adorn her...... tee hee hee. That would be fun!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mike looks like they are coming along great. one of the guys hear was into sound for his cars & competed in sound shows until marriage side tracked that, although he does have an explorer sport in black looking good. & i've been showing him your pics & he really impressed with what you are doing & the changes in the sound systems since he stopped.

Thanks Mike V. !

I appreciate you passing the experiences along to fellow audiophiles/enthusiasts.

Yea, as a long time audio geek myself, I too am impressed with how things have changed over the years. Again, I'm not well versed in all the technical, which is why I have this particular vendor performing the work for me, but from what I am told, the new Class 'D' Digital Amps are leaps and bounds over preceding models, and even the "old" amps I'm used to from what could only be termed at this point as "yesteryear". LOL.

Funny story, took my youngest and the family out for her birthday dinner last night (her b-day's Sunday, but I am on shift this entire weekend) and for the 1st time in a long time, both my youngest, and the middle daughter each were asking questions about the build, when it will be done, and inquiring if they could each take the SHO out (on their own) so they could show off. LOL. I nearly aspirated my beer mid swallow.

The irony here is, is that the middle one's bf (who's parents are VERY well off) has a new 2016 Mustang in blue, and has some mods on it, and the youngest has a bf that has some newer tuner type car (the pic was blurry and I couldn't make out what it was) so I guess in their mindset's, they want to (each) be able to 'one-up' their bf's. Hahaha. But when the 18yo's bf rolled up in that new Mustang for the 1st time he came to the house to pick her up, I was thinking to myself....."What the hell? Must be nice. 18, and he's rocking a new Pony". Geezuz,

I left the girl's request to drive the SHO unanswered for the record.

Anyhow, returning back to the audio stuff, I had time to stop into the shop yesterday and see the progress for myself in person. It's coming along nicely. The one installer informed me that one of the shop's old 80gal compressor's took a crap on them, while in the process of sanding down various bits. Apparently that installer placed some motivation onto the shop's owner, by posting a not so nice posting on his FB account, about the fact that he was compelled to bring in his own (and significantly smaller) 33gal compressor to use in the interim. Well he kept getting frustrated because he would have to repeatedly stop, in order to allow his own personal compressor time to catch up, before re-starting on the sanding. Actually, if you note in one of the preceding posts, there's a pic in there showing the installer's red, personal compressor lying horizontal on wheels, next to the shop's vertical, black, 80 gal compressor.

So the disparaging post prompted the shop's owner to finally cave in and replace the 80gal compressor with a brand new one, so they are back in business. Just funny how some things tend to pop up that are completely unplanned, or unintended, that causes unforeseen delays.

I took two pics yesterday showing the sanding continuing in earnest:

14628_zpslibwuis5.jpeg

14629_zpsizlhd4n8.jpeg

Said the sanding's a real bear, but it's coming along and the installer's happy with the results thus far. He showed me all of the extra sanding and stuff that needed to be done underneath (areas where people will never see) and how necessary it is to do all of the unseen areas as well, so that things fit properly, and minimizes any anticipated (unwanted) vibrations.

I politely asked if they're still on track for an April finish/completion, and they nodded up and down exclaiming simply "yes".

The one installer said he's anticipating wrapping the rear deck piece in the next couple of days, then finishing the inside of the 15" sub box. Door panels will be being started either today, or early next week. I'll keep posting pics as they are sent to me. I'm beginning to get excited as it appears the ending is at least within sight. I really wish you'd consider attending Ford National's in Carlisle this year. Having your SHO rep the platform there, along with mine, and so many others, would be absolutely phenomenal.

Just consider it, and don't forget, you can crash at my place to cut the distance in half or what have you.

Edited by bpd1151

This is really exciting to see as it comes along. I am really excited to see this build progress. You aren't fooling around with the audio upgrade and will be completely awesome once completed.  But still it is funny how much car shows have changed and the emphasis on audio these days...now I wonder if audio could come into play in the racing side?  Supposed the higher quality audio system the bigger spot you get in a race, or maybe the better the audio, you get to take 2/10's off your ET for each amp????

More sanding. More fibergalssing and more fabricating of "fill in" type pieces that fill the voids on either side of the amp rack, in between that, and the 12" sub enclosures in each corner of the trunk.

Inching ever closer to completion. Enjoy!

15337_zpsrf9xwviu.jpeg

15769_zpsg3g8feye.jpeg

15768_zpswj9da8pl.jpeg

15767_zpsg3uebo38.jpeg

15766_zpsse01qvsx.jpeg

15765_zpsvrmuipd8.jpeg

15764_zpsfkmbqpcd.jpeg

15763_zpsdrcf58vt.jpeg

15762_zpsh2skzwcj.jpeg

There better d@mn well be some vibrating!

Maybe enough to vibrate the clothing right off of any/all models that adorn her...... tee hee hee. That would be fun!

Ya know I have been thinking... a hooker or a strip club would be a whole lot cheaper if you are just trying get a chick nekked... just saying lol

@ Stealblue.....

Ha! No worries there my friend.

Maybe you haven't yet witnessed the bevy of beauties that have adorned my SHO over the years.

There have been some interesting ladies who've shown up to the Convention's and other SHO gathering over the years as well.

Too many to count. Not bragging, just saying. But alas I digress.

Returning to the topic at hand, I've waited 7 long years for an audio upgrade over stock.

This project, like all the others I've approached, will be yet another addition to the record books.

@ Manu...... I love the crime scene tape comment. Too funny.

Just be glad there not pink, ????????????????????????

Oh, I am.

As you know, I told them directly..... enough games. Its been fun, and I don't mind that that humor came at my expense, but enough F'n around, time to get cracking.

The clock is ticking until the oldest returns from Berlin, and she'll need the red '01 for work, etc.

So yes, glad to NOT see any pink.

Edited by bpd1151

More progress today.

Finished the sanding of the fill-in pieces in between the amp rack, and the 12" subs in each corner.

They are now moving along to the clear panel on the back side of the 15" sub box, as well as fabricating a panel to transition from the top edge of the trunk, transitioning towards the 15" sub box (seen in last pic of audio).

Then, two shots of the engine bay, as I requested addt'l lighting to be installed throughout.

I laughed and told them it makes me wanna clean and re-oil my S&B Performance Air Filter. Lol.

They're aiming for total completion of the trunk, including pieces wrapped in black leather, and alternating with a white CF leather, by week's end.

The engine bay lighting, and other LED lighting all throughout the interior and the trunk is being completed by a 2nd installer now.

Seems like two experts each running on separate train tracks, next to each other, and hurling towards the end goal.

More updates to follow this week.

16311_zpsfeuqxail.jpeg

16312_zpsf2vqotqa.jpeg

16313_zps3pwv9cjp.jpeg

16334_zpswetgilwz.jpeg

16346_zpsque3vzdi.jpeg

16348_zpszespi11k.jpeg