Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd's MASSIVE audio build......

• 2 weeks later...

Been a week or two since my last update, so here it goes.

Trunk is done in its entirety. Rear deck is done in its entirety. Secondary switch, for the interior LED lights now installed to the left of the switch used for the exterior LED lights (yes, the OEM switch that used to control the now removed rear sun shade, is where the location is now used for the interior LED's).

Shop has everything wired up and sent me an audio clip. They're working on modifying/finishing each/all the door panels now, as well as the mount for the amp control modules intended for the psgr side A-Pillar.

I gave them one extra week for completion, as I have been engaged in off site, advanced, job related training which had offered me a company car for the duration. So they're trucking along and trying to remain on target for this coming weekend.

Onto the pics:

20494_zpsmemezpie.jpeg

20493_zpsgohzcli3.jpeg

20489_zpssnf0ocem.jpeg

20170428_141309_zpsl0nw1qtb.jpg

20485_zpskbf5zdrx.jpeg

20502_zpshgnjaydx.jpeg

20501_zpstsxmgqji.jpeg

19552_zpsib6wmic1.jpeg

20170428_141144_zpsexjkkfad.jpg

20170428_141159_zpsqdzgnk1d.jpg

So those bottom pieces of each door panel, that have been separated from the main panel itself, those areas alone will also be finished in the white cf material as seen in other areas.

Additionally, the speaker openings have now been made into ovals, and they are chamfering the back side, in order to place LED trim rings around the 5x7's, similar to how you see the LED trim rings on the rear deck, and around the 12" subs in either corner of the trunk.

So that wraps up this latest update. We're in the home stretch ladies, so completion is near. Hope everyone's been doing well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by bpd1151

SHE's HOME!

Got her back a little after 10pm last night.... after I went to the shop around 1pm earlier in the day (at the owner's request) & it was NOT done at that time. I'll just say I had some choice words, and made an about face and walked right back out the door.

Anyhow..... 2 things left outstanding.....

1st: Lockpick has NOT been installed yet, as they anticipate possible issues and asked I return with the car, during the day, so they can have access to Lockpick's tech support crew if need be.

2nd: In their haste to finish yesterday, they overtightened a mounting bolt on the driver door catch latch thingy & it snapped/broke. A minor inconvenience, as it will be a 10min job to replace, however the dealership was closed last night, and today.

So it was really strange driving the SHO home last night. Remember, I haven't driven it, since like last November when I put her away for the Winter. Then drove her just once, to this vendor, wayyyyyyy back on January 13th.

The car is beyond filthy. Like seriously. It is so flip'n dirty, that everyone at the shop even commented about her needing a bath.

So I'll be spending some of today beginning the extensive cleaning/detailing process, and given I have one week of training left, I anticipate only getting a lil bit done every now and then.

Anyhow, I'll try to snap a few pics as time permits and then post.

There is a break in period for both the amps, and the sub woofers, with the paperwork stating a minimum of 20hrs of run time at low to medium levels, with an occasional bump up to insane volume levels. But I must say...... $h!t sounds damn good. I am pleased even if it took an insanely long time to complete.

Thanks Mark, Mike, and Manu.....

It's been a long, arduous process that has tested my patience level for sure.

Anyhow, snapped off a couple of quick pics after having performed some very preliminary cleaning......

20675_zpszqusoexr.jpeg

DSC_6259_zpscuipe0jw.jpg

DSC_6260_zpsrgr3ww97.jpg

DSC_6262_zpsmlrbaa3f.jpg

DSC_6263_zpsuammzp6j.jpg

DSC_6267_zpsyusrwa2p.jpg

DSC_6269_zpsz1v5aptv.jpg

20502_zpshgnjaydx.jpeg

Really happy with how the doors turned out. They did a great job in overlaying that white cf material over the mold of the factory lines in the door panels, etc.

As well as the fabrication and mounting of that psgr side amp control housing/module, and hiding the switches for all the LED lighting throughout.

Edited by bpd1151

looks great mike, can't wait to see the doors lite. since only lightly in the stereo way beyond my meager knowledge. but agree after not driving sho a while as i do as well but usually no more than ever 2 or 3 weeks, appreciate what a good car she is.have fun in carlisle.

looks great mike, can't wait to see the doors lite. since only lightly in the stereo way beyond my meager knowledge. but agree after not driving sho a while as i do as well but usually no more than ever 2 or 3 weeks, appreciate what a good car she is.have fun in carlisle.

Mike V, you could see the doors lit up if only you would throw caution to the wind and come to Carlisle...not to late to book a flight to Harrisburg, I would gladly me you at the airport and share my motel room with you!

Filth we can deal with, but when you have to replace original parts unnecessarily, there is just that extra bit of hurt inside.

Meh...... not worried about it quite honestly. It's all part of the modification game. Can't expect everything to go right, 100% of the time. Stuff happens.

Looks great Mike, can't wait to see the doors lit.

Well there my fellow Michael, knowing you're not making appearance at Carlisle, and me not wanting to keep a fellow SHO owner hanging/waiting in the balance/suspense.....

I'll scratch your itch with a couple of (better) pics of the doors illuminated (even though Mark's keen eyes did pick up on the illumination in the originals I posted).

To that end my friend, here you go:

DSC_6270_zpsmjrscwbn.jpg

DSC_6271_zpsiwnjsdmw.jpg

DSC_6272_zpsfe6livnj.jpg

DSC_6273_zps7ucuqbb6.jpg

DSC_6274_zps3slnd1bu.jpg

mike looks great. you've gone all the way on your machine that's for sure. glad i don' have to pay the bill. mark really do appreciate the offer but when i come i want to bring my sho. it's not in mike's league, but does ok in stl area. won 1st place last weekend fairly good size show this early in season, but was a beaut of day. 1990+ stock class. lots of competition, couple caddy v's, caddy xlr, who usually wins the class afterall it's an upgraded 80k vette, g8, gto & 3 chargers & couple bmw's. luckily vette's,pony,camaro's & chally had their own class. somewhat a surprise because our area is very provincial. this show was over in ill part of our area & being from that area know they don't like MO people just a complex but very real. so was indeed a surprise. i know i had the better display but car shows are just as political as govt politics, so you just have to be tough skinned & enjoy comradeship of fellow club members & if you get a trophy that's just a cherry on top. getting lots of heat from mopar people though to stop showing the sho & bring out the new chally. but that's not going to happen. only 1 sho around, but lots & & lots of chally although have worked on getting her up to show level. just showing  a dd is just a ton of work & may show her when ford club goes to another show, but that's it.