Ecoboost Owner Forums

Installed An Auxiliary Trans Cooler (04/17/12)....

Aight fellow EcoBooster's...

Thanks to the keen eye of fellow member Steve O, it does appear there was another set of inlet/outlet tubes that was req'd to make this new 2013 Auxiliary Tranny Cooler, retro over to prior model years.

Just left the dealer about 5min ago & spoke with a different parts employee as my guy was off today.

Anyhow, looking at the 2013 .pdf diagram, the two inlet/outlet tubes that are generically marked as number's 5 and 6 respectively....

They include two T's assemblies, addt'l couplers, & tubing.

Y'all can see the differences between the new 2013, and all prior years by looking at/near where the inlet/outlet tubes from the auxiliary cooler connect to those generic parts numbers.

Those are not shown on the prior year diagram(s).

Those newer parts all come included in a kit and are found within the Ford database as this following part #: DGIZ 7R081 J ....this kit alone lists for $122.05.

Yes, I did order it. Yes, I did tie it in with my other order.

Yes, I will also take pictures of all the stuff when it comes in & re-post.

Essentially what I learned is that these are/were designed for the 2013 Police Pkg Taurus's & Explorer's.

So, for those that choose to also order this same set up, it's all under the police package versions in the system.

Hope, as always, this info is of some use to y'all :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Mike' date=' this might be a "have to have" mod for me![/quote']

I agree Mark.... which is why when it comes to mod'n one's ride, inevitably, things have a tendency of moving up & down the priority ladder and when it comes to this one, I didn't want to hold off.

Cooking a trans is certainly not something I desire, and will do whatever I can to protect my investment, while making her more fun to drive.

Mike' date=' What is the new total cost?[/quote']

Well, my costs, versus what it's listed as, are two different things.

I NEVER discuss, or disclose what is extended to me. NEVER.

That's a private matter between vendors and individual purchasers.

Keeping 'list' price in mind, I would say yes, including taxes, a person could expect to pay at most, around $340 for it in total.

Well, at $350.00 maximum investment, this seems like a great way to avoid transmission overheating.

I will be looking into this very soon.

So if parts numbers and other important info shows up in this thread, that would be a great help.

I previously listed all the parts numbers under post #'s 47 and 51 respectively.

However, to make it easy:

There are actually two different auxiliary cooler's for the 2013 model. The SHO tranny is the 6F55, and you'll need the following:

Auxiliary Cooler part #: DGIZ 7A095 D @ $161.46.

Outlet Tube and Hose Assembly part # DGIZ 7W064 A @ $19.72.

Inlet Tube and Hose Assembly part # DGIZ 7W063 A @ $16.30.

The new inlet/outlet tube assemblies (listed as #'s 5 & 6 in the 2013 diagram) part # DGIZ 7R081 J @ $122.05.

Total list price equates to: $319.53 w/o taxes included.

I'm sure if any of you are sweet talkers, etc etc. I'm willing to bet a discount can be obtained, w/e percentage that may entail :hug:

Cool, thanks Mike, (I missed it in your earlier post). I'm sure there are discounts that can be obtained, since I just got one at my dealer for the molding and air dam...by the way, the parts manager at that dealer was my son's Scoutmaster, who helped him earn his Eagle scout...(Just a bit of useless info)lol

Now we just have to determine how much labor is involved. Assume it will take additional Tranny fluid' date=' or a complete fluid change.[/quote']

I'm gonna install myself with the help of my friend. Much so like the Meth Injection Kit & the wiring of my gauges.

Since I just had the tranny fluid changed out @ 30k, i'm gonna do my best to clamp off the lines & salvage as much fluid as I can.

Maybe there'll be an infamous bpd "how-to" in the works. IDK *shrugs shoulders*

racerx78........

You are correct, the title of thread and the majority of the discussion has focused on the "tranny" cooler. No apologies necessary.

I believe for most inclusive purposes, that the 2010 through 2012 models share a combined cooling set up.....

There was previous chitter chatter about this combined engine / tranny cooling contraption / set-up not being the most condusive to cooling all of the necessary components, etc.

I think this 2013 re-design is one of Ford's answers to the so called "problem".

Archived