Ecoboost Owner Forums

Installed An Auxiliary Trans Cooler (04/17/12)....

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh..... compared to installing that meth kit, this should, and i'll stress SHOULD, be a breeze.

I will say that at this point, i've had that front clip off so many times that i've got it down to about 10min & would bargain to say that I can almost do it with my eyes closed.

We'll see how it goes. Because of my minor hiccup in ordering, the 1st part of my order actually came in today.

I've opted to hold off picking them up until the 2nd half comes in, which should be by this Friday.

My mechanic friend is on vacation this week, so he may be busy playing catch when he returns, but i'm gonna try and sneak in some wrench time at his shop again.

We shall see :whistle:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Hahaha....

You know I couldn't help but think if some of the "Higher Ups" at FMC will be scratching their heads as to why the sudden rush of orders for the 2013 auxiliary cooler (and related parts) all placed within the last week? :suspicious:

But then again, I also wonder if they kind of anticipated this coming from the majority of us pre-'13 crowd of SHO owners and "warned" their supplier/vendor accordingly? :noidea:

Either way, it certainly appears by the amount of interest just here alone from EB Forums members, that profits will be had all around :thumb:

Hell, I'm just glad that this issue was investigated by the Engineer's over @ FMC and they designed what appears to be an appropriate solution. :hail:

Even better that the thought process involved being able to get us '10-'12 owners in on it too, even if it was unintentional :behindsofa:

I added in the other hose assy (DG1Z7R081A) plus all other related parts from the diagram. Again this is my best first guess on all of the items required to do this.

EBOF Package price $ 361

Includes :

QTY1 DG1Z7A095D

QTY1 DG1Z7W064A

QTY1 DG1Z7W063A

QTY1 DG1Z7R081J

QTY1 DG1Z7R081A

QTY2 W711538S440

QTY2 W710879S439

QTY2 8C2Z7C107A

QTY4 8C3Z7Z465A

QTY1 W520101S441

Plus freight.

Yea i'm not entirely sure what comes with certain "kits" and what have you.

I was simply following the diagram myself and used same as a point of reference when placing my order at the dealership.

It was complicated due to the fact that the parts are so new, they were having difficulty just trying to find the correct pricing.

I was almost told that I was S.O.L.

But I was persistent and got what I did, of which I posted said info....

I will review all of the orders I placed when the come in (in their entirety) and let y'all know for sure what is what.....

Until then, I will yield to Torrie hoping his info is more complete at this point in time.

Thanks Torrie :thumb:

Hey Torrie, by chance, not your pricing, but list price only...

Using your list in order from the top, down....

Can you list each price for the items beginning with the following item #:

DGIZ 7R081 A

W711538S440

W710879S439

8C2Z7C107A

8C3Z7Z465A

W5201015441

.....and wth are each of those items anyhow? Can you adivse?

In other words, it appears there are actually 10 items total necessary for this kit, and I only listed 4 of them is that correct?

I'm sure i'm not the only one wondering what those other 6 items you've listed are for, etc etc.

Thank you sir :hail:

Prices listed below are QTY1

Part Number DG1Z7R081A

Part Name TUBE ASY

MSRP $67.82

Part Number W711538S440

Part Name Cooler pipe Bolt

MSRP $1.00

Part Number W710879S439

Part Name SCREW

MSRP $1.00

Part Number 8C2Z7C107A

Part Name CLAMP - HOSE TO TUBE

MSRP $2.50

Part Number 8C3Z7Z465A

Part Name Outlet tube Retainer

MSRP $9.00

Part Number W520101S441

Part Name NUT

MSRP $2.00

Thank you sir. Again, as I previously stated, I worked off the diagrams that were provided by fellow forums member dbulldog....

I tried my best to work with my parts people at my dealership to obtain the info I had. I got close. But it was sketchy since the parts are/were so new.

It certainly is nice knowing that as a community, collectively we got it figured out. Awesome stuff man, awesome stuff.

Yet another reason I find myself thankful for our EB Forums, it's members, and supporting vendors.

Hope everyone finds this mod to be beneficial, I know i'm looking forward the advantages of the auxiliary cooler myself.

Thanks again Torrie.

Torrie, I just kind of scanned over both diagrams that were provided by dbulldog and by you.....

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that part # DG1Z 7R081 A (Tube Assy) MSRP @ $67.82 may NOT actually be necessary.

Looking at the diagram between the model years as given by dbulldog, this specific part number appears to be what all of us already have currently on our cars. I.E. they're the same parts coming off of the trans housing itself all the way up to, and including the thermal bypass valve.

So that might be an unnecessary item to order. Double check for me, as I am merely a weekend gear head, but that's what it looks like to my untrained eye.

Anything after the thermal bypass valve IS what appears to be needed / necessary items.

So that might be a $68 savings on parts if what I am interpreting from the diagrams is correct.

Also, it appears that part # 8C2Z7C107A (Hose To Tube Clamp) MSRP @ $2.50 actually appears 6 times in the diagram that you posted Torrie.

You have a QTY of 2 listed in your latest price pkg, should this actually be a QTY of 6 instead?

Again, God I wish Friday would get here faster than you know what so I can physically hold in my own hands what I've ordered already to help clear some of this up.

But in the meantime, I'm willing to flip the ping pong back over to your side of the table for yet another review and possible update. :couch2:

Awesome. Well, as soon as I get all the parts in on my end, I'll scope out what I can and report back to you and the others.

Lightning fast replies at this ungodly hour. Most impressive.

I'm only up cuz I am getting paid to be up right now. Hahaha.

Yea! Woo-Hoo...... it's Friday! An entirely new meaning to it being the "Good Friday" too I might add.....

Motored on over to my dealership today to pick up the four parts I had ordered that came in. I also had a chance to discuss with my parts contact person in regards to whether or not that one part in question (the DG1Z7R081A @ $67.82 MSRP) was actually necessary, or not.

In his opinion, just as Torrie pointed out, the part number IS different for the 2013, versus the part number for the prior, 2010-2012 MY.

Now even though he did some digging, he couldn't really point out what exactly is different in the newer part. This "questionable" part is/was the inlet/outlet tube assembly that comes directly off of the trans housing, and leads to the thermal bypass valve.

I chose to err on the side of caution, and went ahead and flipped for it, while ordering the remainder of the parts that Torrie specified would be needed to complete this retro-fit onto our pre-'13 SHO's.

As my parts guy agreed, this "questionable" part, looked like the EXACT same part that is already on our pre-'13 SHO's.

However, due to the fact that the part number is different (and in the Ford database it calls for this part on anything after 02/06/12) I didn't want to head off to begin my install and find out that it was needed (and not have it available for use).

Sssoooooooooo........ I hope that this helps, or at least confirms that the final list, or "kit" as Torrie has last posted, SHOULD be all the components necessary to complete this mod.

As promised, here are pictures of the parts I have picked up thus far:

DG1Z 7A095 D AUXILIARY COOLER (1 OF 2):

DG1Z7A095D1of2.jpg

DG1Z 7A095 D AUXILIARY COOLER (2 OF 2):

DG1Z7A095D2of2.jpg

DG1Z 7R081 J INLET/OUTLET TUBE ASSEMBLY:

DG1Z7R081J.jpg

DG1Z 7W064 A OUTLET TUBE:

DG1Z7W064A.jpg

DG1Z 7W063 A INLET TUBE:

DG1Z7W063A.jpg

ALL OF THE ABOVE PARTS LOOSELY ASSEMBLED (Thanks to the assistance of my middle one for holding them for this pic):

AuxCoolerPartsLooselyAssembled.jpg

Archived