Ecoboost Owner Forums

reading owner's manual and don't know if this is an option

on my Infiniti M45 when u you have your keys in your pocket, u can just hit the button on your door and it unlocks and hit it again and it will lock all the doors as long as your keys are in your pocket. I see that we have a keypad on the outside, but looks like the only option to do that is to have to put the 5 digit code in first. Is there a way to not have that code put in everytime and just be able to lock and unlock the car with your keys in your pocket or is that not possible with the sho?

I forget exactly how to do it, but I think if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob, it will open the windows and tilt up the sunroof to allow fresh air into the car before you get in...if I am not correct, I'm sure one of the guys will explain how it works. 

Take your finger while you have the fob on you and just swipe down the number keypad on the B pillar and it will unlock the door. 

really? I just always thought I was pressing the number 1 to unlock, so i swipe the entire keypad? I figured out if u use your thumb and hold the last 2 numbers on the keypad it locks it, but didn't know about the swipe

To lock it, yes, you have to hold down the bottom two buttons on the door keypad.

To open all the windows and sunroof, you just hold the unlock button for a while, maybe 5-6 seconds. Not on the Fords, but on the Lincoln's,  it works in Reverse as well...... close all the windows and the sunroof if you hold the lock button for 4 or 5 seconds. I guess Lincoln trusted that owners weren't going to get anyone's arms or head caught. Ford owners, guess they couldn't trust them with that feature. Crazy bunch! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

To lock it, yes, you have to hold down the bottom two buttons on the door keypad.

To open all the windows and sunroof, you just hold the unlock button for a while, maybe 5-6 seconds. Not on the Fords, but on the Lincoln's, it works in Reverse as well...... close all the windows and the sunroof if you hold the lock button for 4 or 5 seconds. I guess Lincoln trusted that owners weren't going to get anyone's arms or head caught. Ford owners, guess they couldn't trust them with that feature. Crazy bunch! LOL

Odd small differences like that between the Taurus and MKS.

Another I've noticed is that on the MKS, the passenger side exterior mirror dims at night too.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk