Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ford drops 3.5l for 2.7l in 2018 SHO

Just red new edition of Motor Trend

Shows Ford dropped the 3.5l ecoboost for the 2.7l ecoboost for the 2018 SHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that is a typo on Motor trends part, if not I am very disappointed in FORD

I was hoping ford would add new upgrades to the 2018 SHO with a 400hp or more 3.5l ecoboost

​OWN a 2013 SHO with the PP package & livernois tunes & love it but will have to pass on a 2.7l version

Might as well get a Fusion instead

PHOOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just confirms my thoughts that the SHO was always the test bed for the 3.5 Ecoboost.  And if it is true that Ford is taking it out of the SHO, my first thought is because they need the production for the F-150.  They trucks with the Ecoboost is selling like hot cakes and Ford makes much better profit on the truck than on the Taurus.  SHO has always been treated like a red-headed stepchild by Ford.....

That was a ridiculous mistake by Motortrend.  They seem to have the US version confused with the Taurus that is sold in China - although I don't think there is a Chinese SHO.    It is HIGHLY unlikely we will ever see the Chinese version.   Full sized sedans are a shrinking market in the US.   It would not surprise me to see both the Taurus and Impala discontinued within a year or so. 

At this point, the Taurus is a cash cow for Ford. I'm sure they have recouped all their initial R&D cost.

I am surprised they have given up on the full size sedan market, especially as other brands continue to introduce new models.

I say sedan sales are down by design. My local Ford dealer has one Taurus (SHO), no Fiestas, no C-Max, two Focus, four Fusions, and more SUV's and pickups than you can count!

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

I would say that SHO's(any year)are very rare in the Oklahoma Area. I've only seen a few and i've been looking everywhere. I mean there are a ton of Tauruses, limited, etc, but not SHO's, but since Oklahoma is the mecca of street racing and where most of the "street outlaws" show is filmed, almost everyone on the streets knows that I got when I pull up next to them and tries to race me. Hardly anyone thinks it's just a taurus

Before I found a way to get a tune for my Continental, I considered buying a 2010-2012 SHO for a project car - primarily for drag racing.    Using all online tools like Autotrader and others, I could only locate 2 for sale in my area.    

I know there are some SHO owners in the Minneapolis area who participate on the forums.   I saw a Black SHO in the Best Buy parking lot a few weeks ago and the owner was just getting in it.  Thinking he might be one of the guys on the forums, I engaged him in a brief conversation.    He had never heard of a SHO forum and seemed to have no interest whatsoever in his car - other than to use it as a transportation device.  

Before I found a way to get a tune for my Continental, I considered buying a 2010-2012 SHO for a project car - primarily for drag racing.    Using all online tools like Autotrader and others, I could only locate 2 for sale in my area.    

I know there are some SHO owners in the Minneapolis area who participate on the forums.   I saw a Black SHO in the Best Buy parking lot a few weeks ago and the owner was just getting in it.  Thinking he might be one of the guys on the forums, I engaged him in a brief conversation.    He had never heard of a SHO forum and seemed to have no interest whatsoever in his car - other than to use it as a transportation device.  

argh! What a waste of Horsepower when a person has a fast car and doesn't even use it. Reminds me of the rich Grandma's around here driving their Z06 Corvettes around barely touching the gas pedal when they take off and they have no idea what engine is in their car. They don't even know what a V8 means. They just drive it because they think it's "cute" :rolleyes: