Ecoboost Owner Forums

DUB Chicago 2017.....

bpd1151

Spending all day today, detailing and prepping the SHO, for this year's MASSIVE DUB Show, rolling through Chicago tomorrow, 08/19/17. Details below:

http://www.dubshowtour.com/dst/chicago-aug-19

Building off of a great year thus far, whereas the SHO took 1st place at this year's giant Ford National's, as well as 1st place at this year's big Hot Import Night's event, as well as as a slew of 1st place awards from various local shows, I am hoping to garner another trophy at this event.

Thanks in part to fellow SHO owner and forum member mjhpadi for inspiring me to purchase a portable generator, as him allowing me to borrow his, proved it's weight in gold.

Since this event starts at 3pm, and ends at 10pm-ish, one aspect being critiqued will be the lighting. So hoping the newest lighting additions throughout the interior, as well as the audio additions will show well. They should. I also opted to purchase a 2500 lumen portable LED light to help illuminate my large, 5'x8' vinyl mod display banner to facilitate easier reading.

Maybe I can add to these below:

f76ac9ce8b3c17474d279d3553d70ab5.jpg152997112ffd14d762b78d5c1c875baa.jpg

Anyone in the CHI-Town area, desiring to attend, and/or scope out a bunch of incredibly hot cars, hot ladies, and great stage entertainment, please stop on by, and be sure to say HI! I'll be placed/positioned along with Team SHOCKWAVE Customs. Wish me luck !!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by bpd1151

good luck mike. yes yours should be something at night & always looks like a winner to me. been doing pretty good here in stl but of course on a much smaller level than yours. last week was in an open class as usual. 2000-present stock with ponys, vettes & camaro's having there own classes. so had all my mopar buds plus a couple GM products like a V in my class that where stock. can still sneak into stock class(3 small mods max). was a 290 car show with only 2 trophies per class & i counted 12 in my class & ended up 2nd to a well done hellcat, who actually done some show stuff & really deserved it, so was happy about that. usually the hellcats drive up like they come off the show floor & expect a trophy. anyway the usual comments, can't believe it's a taurus. so spreading the word like you. i carry some stuff to shows but a generator is something else. Well good luck to you & right now planning for tulsa next year & hoping we can meet up again.

Thanks everyone, for the well wishes.

@mval......

Mike, you clean up pretty well yourself, when it comes to show awards/trophies yourself. Deservedly so I'll add.

As far as packing up and what not, I bought a Generac iq2000 generator/invertor. Loaded with features (Google the product for yourself) & it actually fits perfect in the rear seat foot well area (it's the orange contraption in the pic below).

Also, I got all my weighted sand bags in the front psgr foot well (another pic of that below as well). I'm actually finally getting a system down pat as it relates to playing Tetris with all my display materials and no longer having any trunk space whatosever due to the MASSIVE custom audio build.

Although, push comes to shove, I suppose if I really need to, I can lay a towel down over the amps, & place some light weight stuff atop that area if need be. But for now, I am making due.

Well, beer break is over with..... gotta get back to the grind here my friend. Once again, thank you fellow Mike, and others for the kudos.

Weather looks beautiful for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a great outcome.

590aa1ab8ba88e84948f70046628ca36.jpg6eda83a1a94a23eb1c831645346083ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good luck at the show. Still love looking at the photos of your trophies.  I am going to have to get a photo of my car next year at Carlisle.  And congrats on getting a system down for loading everything.  Again, if you chose not to bring your generator to Carlisle next trip mine is always available for your use.

congrads mike. nice trophy. always interesting to see the class your sho gets put in. but full size car makes a lot of sense. at the ford feast down here the only class she fits into is big car, pony guys give me a lot of grief over that & looking at all that you got in your car it's not wonder that most of taurus's where snapped up by company's with traveling sales guys. once again congrads for showing off to my mind the best new gen sho around.