Ecoboost Owner Forums

Loss of acceleration

Hello All,

Up until about two months ago my old girl was running great.  She has 70k on the ODO, no mods, serviced regularly and has been a fun car until now.  The problem happens when she is at operating temperature.  Under medium to full throttle she acts like she is fighting a drag chute.  Engine tries to rev and she tries to accelerate, but it happens slowly.  Like something is holding her back.  I have no DTC's or check engine light.   The problem occurred about 30 miles into a full tank of gas.  I have since tried several tanks of premium fuel to no avail.  I have tried fuel injector/system cleaner to no avail. 

The thing is, when she is cold she runs normal.  Accelerates like a bullet.  BUT, once at full operating temp the problem crops up.  So that makes me think it is not a mechanical problem like a turbo-catalytic converter-torque converter-transmission or PTU.  Do these things still do the old school open loop/closed loop oxygen sensor thing?  If so could this be a pending O2 sensor failing?  I only have a basic code reader so I do not have any further diagnostic data.  

Thanks, B.