Ecoboost Owner Forums

Small dry shot, stock fuel system.

Would the stock fuel system support a small dry shot of say 50hp max for top end(3rd up) on these engines?

Sprayed at the intake pipe it'd cool the whole system and give a nice kick in the pants when the little turbos start to run out of breath.

I guess my first question should be can the ecu account for it on this thing?

Think this is a question for a tuner. Rick needs to run this by Dan. Turbos lose some breath at the end of each gear' date=' and get it back in the next.[/quote']

I mainly said 3rd gear because I thought it might be a bit to much on the drivetrain in lower gears. Less rolling resistance the better I figured. Finish strong. LOL

I'll be interested to hear some thoughts on this.

We've never messed with nitrous on the EcoBoost. If I were going to try it, I'd put it on a dyno just to monitor everything and see how much power the small shot is actually making. Nitrous with turbos will add much more than spraying a car that doesn't already have a power adder. These cars have a wideband, so the computer will compensate, but I'd still feel safer testing on the dyno.

-Rick

Hmmm... ok... I know the EcoBoost is very very different... BUT, all the 4.0 V6 Stang guys that tried dual power adders, even on built motors... well.... it did not end well after a pass or two... again, I realize apple to oranges... but not sure I would want to be first (or even second) on this one...

We've never messed with nitrous on the EcoBoost. If I were going to try it, I'd put it on a dyno just to monitor everything and see how much power the small shot is actually making. Nitrous with turbos will add much more than spraying a car that doesn't already have a power adder. These cars have a wideband, so the computer will compensate, but I'd still feel safer testing on the dyno.

-Rick

Like the 03-04 Cobra guys spraying a dry 50 shot and making 100ft. lbs. of torque and 80 hp.

I understand being the pioneer can be a bit expensive, but it seems a small shot done right would be fine on the rotating assembly as far as hp goes, keep your iat's down, and give you an extra kick in the pants.

And yes, I'd definately want to start at like a 25-35hp pill on the dyno and go up from there to have as much info. as possible.

I did this with my car back in 2009. Regardless how you force feed the combustion chambers you are still going to run into the hard limit of the fuel system at some point. Stock (boost level) you can obviously get away with a larger shot but once you increase manifold pressure and fuel system demands this limits what you have in reserve when you add nitrous into the equation.

FYI 35 shot=70WHP 50 shot=100WHP. Once you get past 50 the multiplication factor ends and its a 1:1 gain.

That being stated I have a killer solution which I have installed on my TTGT concurrently that works quite well. It just involves a well engineered wet system.

I did this with my car back in 2009. Regardless how you force feed the combustion chambers you are still going to run into the hard limit of the fuel system at some point. Stock (boost level) you can obviously get away with a larger shot but once you increase manifold pressure and fuel system demands this limits what you have in reserve when you add nitrous into the equation.

FYI 35 shot=70WHP 50 shot=100WHP. Once you get past 50 the multiplication factor ends and its a 1:1 gain.

That being stated I have a killer solution which I have installed on my TTGT concurrently that works quite well. It just involves a well engineered wet system.

Stand alone wet system kind of deal? Your own fuel reservoir and pump? Based on what I'm learning about you though I bet it's way cooler that that! :clap2:

Stand alone wet system kind of deal? Your own fuel reservoir and pump? Based on what I'm learning about you though I bet it's way cooler that that! :clap2:

That is essentially the gist of it. That way you can extend the fuel system out as far as you need to. The original small shot work I did with the GT was posted here :

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?22134-20PSI-93-Octane-1015-WHP

I am working on some other things with the car now and will have some new graph's out of it shortly. Mind you I have never sprayed the car at Hi boost when it was turned up all of the way on race gas. Its made 1105WHP on boost alone and I know the physical engine limitations that keeps me from trying to push it far beyond that. The nitrous system currently is used to put the car back into the 1000+WHP range without the need to run race gas all of the time.

Archived