Ecoboost Owner Forums

Airaid system

Well, due to peer presure:RpS_biggrin:, I installed a Airaid CAI and love it! The intake sound is awesome!

Perhaps a silly question, but...

When installing I removed the shrink wrap from the filter and installed without peeking inside the filter to make sure they don't stuff anything in there from Airaid. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything that can cause me issues.

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Well, due to peer presure:RpS_biggrin:, I installed a Airaid CAI and love it! The intake sound is awesome!

When installing I removed the shrink wrap from the filter and installed without peeking inside the filter to make sure they don't stuff anything in there from Airaid. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything that can cause me issues.

Thanks for your help!

Brian

I didn't peek either But it been on for 6mo and off and back on to the dealer (my service dealer said that I did not have do that cai is not warrent braker.) No, nothing in my's:) But I didn't get MJX decal and I want the pre-scring filer that have seen on the AIRAID Thread is.[ATTACH=CONFIG]424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]425[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532286832_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286836_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286832_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286836_thumb.jpg

Guest David@AIRAID

Thanks for your help!

Brian

nothing should be inside the filter. You should be all good to go!

I didn't peek either But it been on for 6mo and off and back on to the dealer (my service dealer said that I did not have do that cai is not warrent braker.) No' date=' nothing in my's:) But I didn't get MJX decal and I want the pre-scring filer that have seen on the AIRAID Thread is.[ATTACH=CONFIG']424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]425[/ATTACH]

The Pre-Filter P/N # 799-479 : http://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=799-479

Thanks,

David

Congrats Brian on the addition of the Airaid CAI to your SHO beast.

Very cool indeed and now you'll experience 1st hand what the rest of us having been raving about for all these months.

David, nice to see you posting up here again. Our community is growing, slowly but surely and I for one am thankful for your presence here on the EB Forums :hail:

nothing should be inside the filter. You should be all good to go!

David, thanks again for your email earlier and this response! Much appreciated, and again, job well done on a very nice product!

I didn't peek either But it been on for 6mo and off and back on to the dealer (my service dealer said that I did not have do that cai is not warrent braker.) No, nothing in my's But I didn't get MJX decal and I want the pre-scring filer that have seen on the AIRAID Thread is.Attachment 424Attachment 425

Thanks SHOMAN04!

Congrats Brian on the addition of the Airaid CAI to your SHO beast.

Very cool indeed and now you'll experience 1st hand what the rest of us having been raving about for all these months

Thanks Mike! I got a great deal at Winner's Circle in Joliet. They had one left for $200 out the door. I also ordered the pre-filter from CarId which should be here soon. I'm also going broke trying to keep up with the rest of you guys!:biggrin1:

Thanks Mike! I got a great deal at Winner's Circle in Joliet. They had one left for $200 out the door. I'm also going broke trying to keep up with the rest of you guys! :biggrin1:

WHOA!

What are you doing lurking around in my neck of the woods?

WC is literally 5min away from me.... keep that in mind next to you venture out this way.

All the guys in there know me well..... practically my second home since my meth install..... I get all my VP M1 from them (at a cool $38 per 5 gal pail).

I feel your pain as I try to keep up with fellow EB Forums members Darreli and First-SHO myself.....

Seems like the 3 of us routinely excahnge those top three spots periodically as far as mods completed and what not......

Hit me up next time you goof

David, thanks again for your email earlier and this response! Much appreciated, and again, job well done on a very nice product!

Thanks SHOMAN04!

Thanks Mike! I got a great deal at Winner's Circle in Joliet. They had one left for $200 out the door. I also ordered the pre-filter from CarId which should be here soon. I'm also going broke trying to keep up with the rest of you guys!:biggrin1:

My wife hates it when I "waste" money on changing things on a "new car". :D

It can get expensive, no doubt.

Guest David@AIRAID

David, nice to see you posting up here again. Our community is growing, slowly but surely and I for one am thankful for your presence here on the EB Forums :hail:

Hello bdp,

I have just been swamped at work. Between working more shows and churning out more video's.... I will just say it's keeping me very busy. I will do my best to poke in here more often.

Hello dbulldog,

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad you are enjoying the product!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]437[/ATTACH]

My wife hates it when I "waste" money on changing things on a "new car". :D

It can get expensive, no doubt.

My old lady said if I put one more thing on that it will be just junky. And If she know how much I spent on the MyCal LIVERNOIS Tune I would be sleeping in the car. And I've only 1/2 the thing that bpd1151 has on his car and it's not junky.LOL:) See [ATTACH=CONFIG]433[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435[/ATTACH] Just 5 little thing I don't think that's junky.[ATTACH=CONFIG]438[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532286839_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286843_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286848_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286851_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286854_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286857_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286839_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286843_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286848_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286851_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286854_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532286857_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I asked my dealer and he said they weren't going to bust my balls over having one on there for oil changes and what not.

However if you take it up there with it on and try to do a warranty claim then they might say something about it to get out of it. So I'd just ask the service manager

Fact of the matter is, any hypothetical part (that may be defective) AND you are attempting to get repaired under warranty.....

The repairing facility would have to prove that the after market part contributed to (the defective part's) failure.

VERY difficult to do.

I've never had an issue with my Service Dept denying warranty work, even with the list of mods i've got.....

Go search up Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Interesting read and afterwards, you'll have a better grasp (legally) of what can and/or won't be covered by a repair facility under warranty.

Whether that facility is a dealership, or an individual outfit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Archived