Ecoboost Owner Forums

bpd1151's Meth Injection Install.....

A 3 Bar MAPv is only $100. but all tunes need to be modified to use it. And... as Rick says... not necessary with their current tunes.

Another issue is that with increased boost, you need more fuel. The 100% methanol supplies this now, but at some point, one will either need a bigger nozzle and/or more fuel via the DI pump and injectors. When I went to both a #10 nozzle, and a higher percentage of methanol, Torrie was able to tune around the DI pump, allowing it to work less hard, and maintain higher FRP, with less dips in pressure.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Man,

I finally got the Meth. Kit Installed on my ride!!!

I am currently in Afghanistan, so I had my wife take it to RPM Motorsports for the install.. She said if hauls ASS above 7 psi now!!! She is in love with it!!!!

Thanks for the write up.. They used it in DETAIL for my install. Only took them about 45 min for the tranny cooler install and about 10 hours for the Meth Install!!!!

I really appreciate all of the work you have done for the write-ups. It saves people alot of money on shop fees because everything is all spelled out for the installers!!!!

Once again, Thank You.... I appreciate it!!!!

Loren

I recv'd this PM today from fellow EBOF member shomeda$.

Sounds to me like his Wife may deplete the Meth Fuel all on her own before he returns from Afghanistan. Yikes!

I've already replied to him and thanked him for his service to our Country and kept my fingers crossed for his safe return.

Loren also mentioned he might have some other mods he is considering, which are similar to mine, and I am helping him out with those as well.

So would a few of you mind possibly stopping by Loren's profile page and just take a moment to leave him a 'visitor message' there wishing him well while he's overseas?

I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

On another note, it appears the time estimates I provided for both installs, is fairly accurate.

As also it is good to hear about the positive experiences (albeit Loren's Wife is having) with the Meth Kit.

I am jaleous! It took them 19 hours... and unlucky me, no results yet... : (

But I am filming a few runs under WOT and sending them to Dan and Rick at LMS and from those runs, we will adjust the turnon button as well as the initial put button (turnon is delay before spraying and initial put is quantity of meth being sprayed)... Hopefully they will be able to figure it out, otherwise I think I am going to drive 22 hours (2 x 11 hours) to go to Detroit in person so that they can dynotune it and I can enjoy methanol like my other fellow members/friends that are already on meth lol : )

I'll keep you posted and all the best to shomeda$!

These guys at Livernois really give a tremendous customer service... I talked with Rick and Dan and after having filmed two runs under WOT from 0-110mph (filming the boost gauge), we were able to find the sweet spot for the buttons turnon and initial put... But even there, the boost was not up to expectations varying between 9 and 12 (about the same as stage 4)... So, they found some time in their busy schedules to adjust the tune and raise the boost and were able to send it to me before they left for the big weekend. I have been able to try it a bit and NOW I can feel a difference... What a relief! I filmed a run and the boost seems to vary between 11 and 14 with a sustain 13 in average, which seems to be more in line with what is to be expected... Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to the track this weekend, but I will try to go very soon to see the results with numbers... So, with stage 4+, the boost was averaging 9.5-10 and now it is a good 3 psi more... Since it is very humid and warm out there, it is normal that the car would feel slower, but even there I could feel it more powerful... so good news!

One thing funny, Mike :

Watch out! I may take over the leader position in meth consumption... I already emptied my first gallon! In 2 days! hahaha! But it was all the WOT for testing I presume. I will have to be careful not to challenge every granny at every red lights lol!

So, I am a happy customer so far, but I will try to go visit Livernois in Detroit at the end of June and would like to try the car at Milan's dragway while being there. We can start to talk about convenient dates so that a few of us could meet there in person, it's be great!

I will start a thread next week to try organizing something, but I will talk to Rick to see when it would work for them first... I would take the opportunity being there to have my car dynotuned.

Cheers all and enjoy your long weekend Americans... me working on Monday...

Were you logging your WOT runs when you ate thru that gal of Methanol? Is that how they established the sweet spot and adjusted the tune?

Hey Bob,

Honestly, I don't know how to data log my WOT runs... lol The only thing I know how to do with the SCT device is to plug it to download a tune, that's it... I wish I could plug it in the laptop and see the data from runs, but tell me : can all devices do that or is there a special packaged device made for data logging?

So, to answer your question, I told Dan (with film confirming) that under WOT the green light lighting when spraying was late to start and was flashing like if it had difficulty to have enough pressure... So based on that, he told me to try turning up the initial put button an 1/8 of a turn clockwise which would spray more methanol under WOT and then he asked me to turn down the turnon button in order to start spraying earlier. So, back and forth with films of WOT runs and we arrived to the point where under WOT, it starts spraying after 0.5 to 1 seconds and over 8 psi of boost and it is able to maintain the green light (enough pressure) during all the WOT. From there, he sent me an adapted tune in which he added more boost. I don't know why the same tune as Darrell and Mike didn't give the same power/boost as them in my car. I had the same kit, installed the same way and the same tune, but different results. Anyways, the new tune should give better results at the track... I am now thinking how I can bring to my wife my desire to go test the car tomorrow lol! She had prevented me not to install the kit before her big belly dance show of Sunday, because she needs all my help with the girls and the house and she knew that with the meth installed, my head would be elsewhere... She knows me too well. I promised her I wouldn't go, but the temptation is very hard... Maybe I'll offer to do the grocery and make the 30 minutes detour to go to the track and come back 2 hours later with the grocery, blaming it on a long lineup...

Hahaha! Already hooked on meth guys, help me!

Didn't take too long... Going to the track tomorrow! Woohoo!!! I convinced my wife while she is having a few beers with her belly dance friends. I told her to stay a bit later tonight so that when she'd come back, the kitchen would be cleaned... Good deal no? I had promised her it was her weekend and that I wouldn't even dare asking going to the track... so she told me she was totally cool with it and understood. Happy guy here! I think I'll do the dishes with a beer, how bout that! Who joins me? for the beer, not the dishes lol!

Steve....

Super cool that the boys from LMS were able to get your issues ironed out and all appears to be well now.

Keep us posted as to your track experiences tomorrow, and a June meet near (or hell, maybe even AT) LMS facility sounds like a great plan.

Wonder who might convince Rick and Dan to host at the facility?

I'm in for some dyno time even if the vendor who was to create my catless down pipes took my deposit money and ran w/o completing the project......

Epic Fail...... but dyno time can still be beneficial as I'd like to make sure my beast is running as best as she possibly can given all of the other various mods I have under my belt now so to speak.

Steve,

Your SCT Tuner can be easily used to data log. You download LiveLinkII or the earlier LiveLink 6.5 from SCT website (after entering your SCT unit Serial #). Those of us that log, or Rick, can tell you which parameters to pick for logging (up to about 18 variables), and you will be able to see what is happening. That is how all my tuning modifications have been developed. I log Torrie's latest tune, send results to him, he modifies them slightly & I log again.

Over time, it has been a tremendous learning experience for me. Even in my mentally limited state of old age!

Thank you very much Bob! I always was curious about it, but knowing that it is a feature that I can access, now I just need to log and try to figure out what the numbers mean... But I love numbers, so I am sure I'll enjoy it... Now I have a good reason to log the data!

Merci!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived