Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Exhaust!

Ok... the Mrs. drives about 90 minutes round trip to commute to/from work. It's a mix of city and highway. Of course the new exhaust is louder in the city stop and go vs the 70 MPH cruise...So we went out tonight and took the Flex, with her driving... pull out on the street and start driving away.. and I get her review:

Mrs.: I don't like the new exhaust

Me: Why? Is it too loud?

Mrs: No, it's not really to loud. It's just that now I can hear the exhaust. I couldn't hear it before.

Me: Does it bother you?

Mrs: No, i just turned up the radio...

So, needless to say the new exhaust is staying! LOL!

My wife loved the Magnaflow axlebacks...

When I added the NESHO x-pipe mid-pipe... she asked me (1,400 mi into our trip back to IA last May) if I had done something to make the exhaust louder...

Being Deaf... I ignored her....

I will say, that the trip back this winter, with my 20's, lowered the RPM's and I found the exhaust louder than before, as well as the Flex having a harder time keeping the speed up going up hills.

My wife loved the Magnaflow axlebacks...

When I added the NESHO x-pipe mid-pipe... she asked me (1,400 mi into our trip back to IA last May) if I had done something to make the exhaust louder...

Being Deaf... I ignored her....

I will say, that the trip back this winter, with my 20's, lowered the RPM's and I found the exhaust louder than before, as well as the Flex having a harder time keeping the speed up going up hills.

In my experience Magnaflows tend to be a bit more quieter than others, especially compared to a straight-thru system, like the MRT axle-back... So I'm thinking the the MRT axle-back is perhaps quite a bit louder than just your Magnaflow axle-back... Then you added your NESHO x-pipe mid-pipe which then increased your volume... So I'm on wondering if our Flexes are similar in volume even though I've only done an axle-back... ????

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...