Ecoboost Owner Forums

On the hunt for new exhaust

Hey all,

Installed the Airaid over the weekend. Really don't notice much difference in performance or sound.

Now, I may get Exhaust system next.

Was thinking Corsa. Because it is all bolt up and removes 3rd cat and suitcase like I want. Around $1300.

Q. for those who have it. I cannot tell in the pics that I see everywhere. Does it have an X pipe built in? I see the pipes join in pics but is it a true x pipe.

Was also thinking of a MagnaFlow or flowmaster axial back and an x pipe welded in in place of the suitcase and 3rd cat. But I would have to have it done by a shop. Would be less money. Around $600. total.

If I had to return to the stock exhaust I could if I went Corsa.

But the other route, the system would be made from the stock exhaust.

What to do..... :)

Carroll Shelby used the Borla exhaust on his cars. If they were good enough for Shelby' date=' that's the one I will look at first when it's time to change the exhaust, but that's not a high priority for me at this time.[/quote']

I have the 08' Shelby GT mustang from Vegas.

IMAG0362-1.jpg

Love that car and its exhaust note. It just sounds right. But that is a V8. I wonder what brand they use for it.

I have a Corsa system on my SHO. Its got a nice idle, even more so since the tune. My intake is more noticeable than the exhaust during acceleration (its too damn loud). I had a Corsa sport kit on my TBSS and it sounded a lot meaner but that was a V8. I don't think you could go wrong with Borla or Corsa, both quality stuff. Personally I always think of flowmaster as a cheaper system. A guy I work with put it on his car and the kit looked sloppy... again that's just personal preference.

What kind of gains from these kits!?

jaws I ran a 13.506 in hot air, then went to the Magnaflow and ran a 13.337 in similar air. The Magnaflow keeps the 3rd cat in place so I am putting a 2.5 inch X pipe in place, hopefully for more gain.

FLIP-4-SHO The Corsa and Magnaflow are both 2.5 inches, dont know if it makes a difference but the Borla is 2.25. If you have the money the Corsa bolts right up. For my Magnaflow I had cut each pipe right after the 3rd cat. It was easy to install and it is really nice system. I purchased a 2.5 inch X pipe for $40 and am going to have a muffler shop install it. It is basically Magnaflow 10792 but off brand.

It looks like all three the Corsa, Borla, and Magnaflow are good quality systems. It will all boil down to sound, bolt right up or cut, and cost. For me it was cost, I got the Magnaflow for 1/2 what the Corsa would have been.

What kind of gains from these kits!?

and BTW jaws my 13.33 was in a non-PP car with stock springs. I have noticed that until guys swap springs the PP cars are faster, and after springs they even out for the most part. My eibachs went on after I ran it last. SO if you ran the same mods you should run a faster time.

Sorry to get off top :)

Well I might be able to provide quite a cheap option for you. Depending on how my next dealership visit goes I might be looking to trade my custom mandrel bent SS exhaust with dual walled tips for a stock cat back exhaust + a little cash. This is just due to wanting to save my warranty (wifes car). Cost me 1100.00 for it when it was all said and done.

Sounds amazing though...basically is an X pipe to replace the 3rd cat and straight 2.5 inch pipe the rest of the way back. Can HEAR the turbos. I posted some vids on here so you can look them up. Not for sure yet but I'll see in the next few days if you're interested.

Well I might be able to provide quite a cheap option for you. Depending on how my next dealership visit goes I might be looking to trade my custom mandrel bent SS exhaust with dual walled tips for a stock cat back exhaust + a little cash. This is just due to wanting to save my warranty (wifes car). Cost me 1100.00 for it when it was all said and done.

Sounds amazing though...basically is an X pipe to replace the 3rd cat and straight 2.5 inch pipe the rest of the way back. Can HEAR the turbos. I posted some vids on here so you can look them up. Not for sure yet but I'll see in the next few days if you're interested.

Thanks, an option to consider for sure.

At the moment I think I am leaning towards the full bolt in. Mainly so I can replace back to OEM when I have to for the same reasons you are having.

I take a peek at your vids.

Thank you everyone...... Still working on it. Way too busy to do anything but work and sleep at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...

How does the corsa sound? Is it always loud? I want the improved performance, but I don't want it really loud all the time, or if i'm just cruising on the highway. You know what I mean? I like the sound I have currently at cruising speeds and regular driving, but wouldn't mind something a little louder when I hammer it.

Are there any exhausts that fit this bill?

NESHO has a section of exhaust that eliminates the 3rd cat and the mid-muffler. I have it & used flanges to make it switchable with the stock mid-section I was replacing. As for the cats-back. I just added 2 magnaflow mufflers in place of the stock ones, and sprayed the satin SS Magnaflows black, like stock. Works for me!!!

Archived