Ecoboost Owner Forums

Warranty denial due to catback exhaust

Well we'll have to see how the other dealership goes. The only mod to the car is the exhaust otherwise it's bone stock.

I should've been more specific about my SRT-4. I had at the time, a stock mopar stage 3, with a billy boat 3' turbo back exhaust (catless down pipe and one resonator, otherwise straight pipe), and a APG cold air intake. Not one question was ever asked about both non mopar mods at multiple dealerships. Nor did Dodge ever come out with silly TSB's regarding mods like a cat back exhaust etc. They did come out with things such as tampering with the wga, removing vacuum lines etc. Stuff that actually could blow up the car...not silly things like a cat back ehxaust....

This is where my frustration comes from (besides the fact of having to deal with the crap of bring it do different dealerships and arguing with techs). If Ford actually believes a cat back exhaust can blow up a turbo or engine like they state in the TSB (even removing a muffler for god sake)...well I'm sure they know that's not going to happen and just want to create outs to deny warranty claims. In turn they save money and screw over their "customer". I think it would've been better to word the TSB a little better so dill hole service advisors wouldn't take it word for word to deny claims. Frustrating!

Well we'll have to see how the other dealership goes. The only mod to the car is the exhaust otherwise it's bone stock.

I should've been more specific about my SRT-4. I had at the time, a stock mopar stage 3, with a billy boat 3' turbo back exhaust (catless down pipe and one resonator, otherwise straight pipe), and a APG cold air intake. Not one question was ever asked about both non mopar mods at multiple dealerships. Nor did Dodge ever come out with silly TSB's regarding mods like a cat back exhaust etc. They did come out with things such as tampering with the wga, removing vacuum lines etc. Stuff that actually could blow up the car...not silly things like a cat back ehxaust....

This is where my frustration comes from (besides the fact of having to deal with the crap of bring it do different dealerships and arguing with techs). If Ford actually believes a cat back exhaust can blow up a turbo or engine like they state in the TSB (even removing a muffler for god sake)...well I'm sure they know that's not going to happen and just want to create outs to deny warranty claims. In turn they save money and screw over their "customer". I think it would've been better to word the TSB a little better so dill hole service advisors wouldn't take it word for word to deny claims. Frustrating!

Thing is it works both ways! There are plenty of customers out there trying to screw over Ford! Like the local guy here who bragged how he blew his Mustang up with a 150 shot of nitrous, untuned of course, took the nitrous kit off and had his motor replaced for "free" under the cars warranty... And trust me, he's not the first or the last guy to do this... and there are plenty of other guys just like him out there... so yeah, it's not all about Ford trying to screw their customer...

But yes, the TSB is a little bit over the top and there should be some kind of a more happy medium...

Well good news, took it to another larger dealership. They didn't find an oil leak...guess it was just some oil coming from the oil filter. Didn't charge me anything. Asked the service manager about the exhaust and he said it's just fine. The only parts not covered would be the parts I replaced. Totally a 180 from one dealership to the other!

Well good news' date=' took it to another larger dealership. They didn't find an oil leak...guess it was just some oil coming from the oil filter. Didn't charge me anything. Asked the service manager about the exhaust and he said it's just fine. The only parts not covered would be the parts I replaced. Totally a 180 from one dealership to the other![/quote']

Thats awesome! Best news you probably heard all day. But I still don't understand your previous dealer, I can't see ford denying a dealers claim to preform a TSB. They just threw money away.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived