Ecoboost Owner Forums

Upgraded Turbo's, Meth install and back from Livernois.

IMG_1275.jpg

Well I got the car back a couple of weeks ago and decided to drive it a bit before posting.

The car made best run of 404 HP and 445 TQ on the dyno. Here is one of the Dyno sheets.

Dyno.jpg

Looking at the numbers in comparison to say Darrall we had a 40-45 HP/TQ improvement in mid range and 15 HP/TQ improve on top.

Boost is set at 14-17 PSI and for the record this is very low from my turbo guys, but Dan is being very conservative right now and he does not want to break anything at this time.

No turbo lag and NO fuel issues as we are running 10.5-10.7 AFR.

The car pull's like an SOB and I am confident it will be in the 11's.

I have instructed Dan that I am not worried about breaking anything, we will be pushing the limits of this car at a later date.

I did install a 4-gallon Meth tank in the trunk.

IMG_1300.jpg

So with that said, the car runs great and we will see what it does at the track and keep you guy's posted. We will be twisting this up more and will give you results as well.

The turbos will be offered through Livernois, but I do not think they have price and availability yet.

Gonna be fun!

Broke the 400whp barrier! Very nice. Congratulations. I can't wait to hear how it does at the track. Good luck and don't break anything ok?

Is this still on the stock downpipes? If it is then I can't imagine how much some aftermarket ones would open up the top end. If you could keep that power curve going instead of flattening then you might have an honest shot at 450whp!!! Still way better than the nosedive of the stockers in any case.

Thanks for being a pioneer for everyone. I can't wait to follow in your footsteps.

Take it from me... you will need some DR's for the front with those kinds of numbers projected.

With AWD.. you might be in low 11's or better if you can get to 450 whp without the AWD system shutting down, like it did for Darrell & me.

Another issue I had with boost is that the FRP drops off substantially in 2nd gear at higher RPM's. A KB BAP helped and kept A/F from jumping when boost with the small turbos was just under 20.

Good Luck!!!

Take it from me... you will need some DR's for the front with those kinds of numbers projected.

With AWD.. you might be in low 11's or better if you can get to 450 whp without the AWD system shutting down, like it did for Darrell & me.

Another issue I had with boost is that the FRP drops off substantially in 2nd gear at higher RPM's. A KB BAP helped and kept A/F from jumping when boost with the small turbos was just under 20.

Good Luck!!!

I am running 275/40's all the way around and think it should hook up nice. Dan has learned what was causing Darrell's issue and has fixed the problem.

As far as fuel, Dan is confident fuel is not an issue and if anything he said we would just add more meth.

Keep us informed' date=' I am anxiously awaiting the outcome, I want to see what happens with the AWD with that much power. :)[/quote']

I am so JEALOUS FIRST-SHO!!!! I'm still trying make the 12sec CLUB and you are STARTING 11SEC MAYBE 10sec club. it's just not fair. :frusty: A far as the AWD sys HALDEX said this sys will handle up 2000NM = TO 1500ft-lb torque. see http://www.borgwarner.com/en/Haldex-AWD/tech/Pages/Six-Dimensions.aspx If FORD copy righted it accuracy it sould hold together. GOOD LUCK. From the "NEED FOR SPEED" club

Our AWD system is a Japanese copy. The rear clutches are designed to handle a max of 150 lbs torque, and after that they slip and move the remaining torque to the front wheels. If you watch one of our EB vehicles with the car version of AWD at the track, you will notice that the front tires are spinning first and that the rears spin very little if at all. What happened to me when temps were ideal for 12 second runs in my Flex, was my Conti DW's (Summer tires) got hard due to cold temps, and fronts really spun loose, causing the AWD system to shut down, due to the large variation between RPM's of front vs rear wheels. This is designed into the system and cannot be over-ridden by tuning, as it is necessary to keep AWD system intact. Somehow, I got enough heat in the fronts on 3 of 12 runs to hook up, and on one, I got the 12.904 run. In FL, last Jan, I got 2 more 12 second runs when it was in the mid 70's, but I was running Nitto DR's on the front, which guaranteed optimum starts, when others were having issues with just the right power for decent starts. They were bogging or going up in smoke, if they didin't have DR's.

• 1 month later...
Any new updates on this car and track times?

I have been running the car for the last 2 months and Crash and I did go to the track. Running the dyno tune i ran a 12.23 @ 111, but Dan wanted to see how it goes for a while before we turn it up. We all will be at the track on the 26th and I am sure times will be better for two of us running these turbos. Will keep you posted.

So, I've been meaning to post something and this is as good a place as any. Yes Steve, my car is at LMS right now for the upgraded turbo and downpipe (catted) install. We should thank Mike (FirstSHO) for finding the turbo company willing to do some work before I did. The turbos will be available exclusively thru Livernois. The turbos are upgraded by replacing the bearings, opening up the housing, replacing the 48mm wheel with a larger 55mm billet wheel, and some other "secret" work. Here are some pics of the factory wheel and pics of the newer turbos. I decided to do the upgrade because I had a leaking turbo and it had to be pulled apart anyway...

0D6E55EB-5968-43B8-865C-657976046F73-8705-000006BB577D2F69.jpg

E66C0A98-70F9-41B2-B48D-64E1360F85A8-8705-000006BB5E88BF4A.jpg

E66C0A98-70F9-41B2-B48D-64E1360F85A8-8705-000006BB5E88BF4A.jpg

So, the car should be on the dyno next week....

Nice. So does LMS have pricing for the upgrade yet?

Got word from a design engineer involved with ecos and he thinks the engines can handle the power we are putting out, and maybe even a bit more. That said we are pushing the transmission as it is. I am sure things can be done to beef up the trans, but I recon it would be much more costly then a turbo upgrade.

Very interesting stuff and promising too!

I am almost happy that drag season is ending in about two weeks making it an easy decision to postpone those upgrades for next spring...

In the mean time, I'll gather the dough and see from distance the concrete results through Darrell and Mike...

Darrell: you thanked me for raising the bar, but I honestly have to turn it up to you: thank you for having the guts to modify your car -and FirstSHO too in that matter-... I would not have pulled the trigger on meth if you hadn't tested it first... The only "award" I diserve is being willing to bring my car many times to the drag strip and pushing it to get the most out of it... I love it and it is nice to be part of making the aftermarket grow for the ecoboost cars.

Cheers all!

Yeah Steve but if you didn't push me to go quicker and faster...I wouldn't "test" anything! Nice job lately...wish I could've gotten out a couple times over the last couple weeks while the weather was cool but with the leaking turbo I didn't want to push it.

Biggest kudos still have to go to Dan Millen for putting so much time and effort into the programming! Big thumbs up to Dan, Rick and everyone else over at LMS for the EB support

You are right to mention LMS... All the previous post was implicite that THEY were the ones making it possible for a big portion of the aftermarket products and service... I just forgot to mention, so big thanks again guys at Livernois and the other vendors/sponsors of this forum (Torrie at Unleashed, Airaid, Chris Curtis for gauge pods)!

Archived