Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Ford Taurus Police Interceptor Info

SoCalSHO

After all of the nonsense revolving around their purchases (of which I will not go into), our agency has finally begun receiving our Taurus PI's......

Although not finished yet, here's an image of one of 'em them camping out inside our public Works Facility where Fleet Maintenance Staff are diligently plugging away at installing all of the lighting, radios, cameras, laptop, etc.......

2012-09-10_23-35-59_153.jpg

2012-09-10_23-36-19_784.jpg

Non Turbo'd version, but I suspect most suburban municipal agencies will NOT opt in for the turbo'd versions anyhow.

Either way, it oughta be fun piloting a '13 P.I. Taurus once they are released for street / patrol use.

Yea, most State Agencies will opt IN for the turbo'd variants (for obvious reasons).....

However, most Suburban Municipal agencies will opt OUT of the turbo'd P.I.'s.

Mostly due to cost(s) but also due in part, to the highly restrictive nature of current pursuit policies in effect.

Cool pic btw..... i'll have to snatch up a few more, as more agencies nearby are also taking delivery of their own new Taurus P.I.'s.....

Pretty cool all the way around :thumb:

Speaks volumes not only of the product itself, but also of Ford's commitments and dedication to the Law Enforcement Profession.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I've only seen one of the PI's and that was at the local communications dealer that does most of the radio work for most departments. It was still plain white and had no markings at all. Not sure where it was being delivered. No sign of any of in Pennsylvania State Police markings or in unmarked use that I've seen. I've been hoping to see one in use, but no sighs of any yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Our agency has finally begun taking delivery of the new 2013 Taurus PI's......

This one just got released into the fleet yesterday.

Although this one, and the 1st few are being assigned for Supervisor use exclusively.....

Still, pretty cool nonetheless.

2012-10-09_17-46-10_151.jpg

2012-10-09_17-46-44_647.jpg

I'm kinda dig'n on those all black painted door handles......

Things that make you go hhmmmmm

I am beginning to see on our news that several of the Sheriff's Departments and a few of the police departments in counties surrounding mine have taken delivery of the new PI. I was surprised to hear from a LEO friend that he felt that the new Chevy was more comfortable then the Taurus. I was really surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Our local PD has been taking delivery of their Taurus PI vehicles, they went with 6 total, 4 marked and two unmarked. All 6 are the turbocharged AWD models. They also have a few Hemi Chargers and we still have a couple of CVPI left as well. They've also gotten two of the pursuit rated Explorer models. Our city is good about keeping us in great equipment, whether it is fire trucks or police vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Only seen 1 of our suburbs have Ford police model. They are dark blue w/ body wrap. Very sharp otherwise my my county has white Chargers & my burb has silver Chargers. Boring!!!!!!!! Although I have seen the county with some new Explorers in last couple of weeks. Nice but not the same effect.

MikeV

I just saw my first one today. In the Black Hills' date=' a South Dakota Trooper in a Silver Grey Metallic PI. He was writing a citation on another car, so I didn't stop to take pictures. :)[/quote']

I've seen one here, but I didn't want to bother them while writing tickets either. Trying to catch one while they're relaxing so I can get their opinion of it.

The City of Pittsburgh has a number of them now and I've seen more and more in the local communities as well. very helpful on our

I think you guys have more in the western part of the state, I saw several in Bellefonte at the Sandusky trial and around State College. I have not seen many on my side of the state, none that I've seen in Williamsport or that area. May well be some around the Harrisburg area, but I haven't been down that way for quite a bit.

Taurii ??

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ha bpd are the none Ecoboost PI awd? I have seeing 3 drifferent department with the car. I've not talk with any officer dr one but other friends in the department (STILL in old uints) really like it. One department went with the CHEV AND HATE IT! Even the bus trans police here just got the Taurus non-EB.

One of my instructor (scuba instructor trainer) friends was just telling me that his department is going with the new Chevrolet, that they liked the seating position better then the Taurus. That kinda surprised me, but then again, I haven't been in a Chevy cruiser for years.

Archived