Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Ford Taurus Police Interceptor Info

SoCalSHO

The local PD decided to take delivery of a few of both the Taurus PI and the Chevy version. The will use both in the field, then decide which to purchase to replace the complete fleet. My niece is a LEO in eastern South Dakota and they went with both the Taurus PI and Explorers too. She just started her current years schedule and ended up with one of the new Explorers. She said it sounds like the PD has decided to use the Explorer version almost exclusively to replace the remainder of the CV fleet. She setup a tour of their shop where they cars are configured and saw both versions being worked on. The Explorer really looks good.

• 1 month later...

Local PD's have been getting them in around here as well. Here is a sad data point - in the last week I have seen two news stories on chases in the city (Des Moines) in the background of both I saw brand-new Taurus Interceptors.....wrecked, first instance two PD cars collieded, one an Interceptor. In the second they tried a PIT and the PD car lost control and hit a power pole - again a Taurus....at this rate the Des Moines PD will be back to driving their Crown Vic's..

No PD were seriously injured in either incident....

Archived