Ecoboost Owner Forums

Airaid CAI finally on!

Got it delivered the other day finally got some spare time to sneak away from the tots to install it (aka wait until the hubby is home and able to watch them inside while I go outside to tinker with my car). Did have a little issue with the 'lack-o-slack' when it came to the temperature sensor cord but it seemed to tug a little and give up just the right amount of slack needed. Only thing I wish Airaid did with these intakes was make an anchor for the cord again somewhere. Also, I hate the weather stripping.. Was such a pain to get on and stay on but without further ado.. a Pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]999[/ATTACH]

post-727-142532294651_thumb.jpg

post-727-142532294651_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I would, I can't believe how much debris it has keep out of the pleats of the filter, the filter is staying much cleaner. It is well worth the money for it. And when I got mine Airaid didn't have a specific prefilter for our cars but now they do and I believe it comes in a a few colors.

Do you use the pre filter with the non oiled' date=' as well as oiled filter? I plan to get the non oiled....[/quote']

I'm using the pre filter with the oiled. I'm also motivated by the claim that the pre filter is highly water resistant. If I decide to get creative and give my CAI a new opening to cold air I like having the water barrier as extra security. It does look nice and the filter is staying much cleaner also. All good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was having trouble touching base with the member here selling the used one so I just ordered the intake 451-260 (non oiled) new, as well as the prefilter. I got a pretty good deal on both I think. The prefilter (black) ended up being $32.30 shipped. Hard to beat that I think.

Again thanks guys for helping me walk through the decision making process and clarifying things for me..I love this forum.....

• 2 weeks later...

One quick question: My Airaid is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I already reviewed the installation instructions. Step one is "Disconnect the negative battery cable". Is that really necessary? Did everybody actually do this? Not a big deal to do it, but it just seems unnecessary to me. Educate me, once again, guys!

If you were going to disconnect I would recommend picking up on of those "setter savers". On one end you plug in a 9 volt battery and the other end plugs into an aux. outlet. Then when you disconnect the battery there is enough power to saver all the electronic things that were set. It sure saves the time it takes to reprogram everything. I'm glad I have one.

I don't, and that's why I don't want to disconnect. ^^

p.s. I am guessing the Lawyers told them to include that precaution for folks who are finishing off a case and a half with their buddy and decide to tell their friend to start the car while their hands are deep in the engine.

I just installed it. I did NOT disconnect the battery. No issues. Pretty easy and straight forward. Great instructions with the kit and great customer service (I called Airaid with a question about cleaning the non-oiled filter and got a live person right away). The weather stripping took a little work, but not a ton. I did have one issue where the temperature sensor harness was a little short to reach the new position on the Airaid. Seems like SHO folks don't have this issue. In any event, I figured out a way to path it to make it work. I really like the pre-filter as well. Took me about an hour due to figuring out the path issue. Without that, definitely a 30-45 minute job for a novice. Now, I could change it back to stock in about 10 minutes.

Seat of pants difference? Not like the LMS tune difference, but it does seem more throttle responsive and seems to idle better. Perhaps quicker..... likely quicker.... but it is tough for me to notice the alleged 9 HP increase when the starting point number is so high.

For 250 bucks shipped including the pre-filter and non-oiled filter, i would do it again for sure.

Archived