Ecoboost Owner Forums

BPD's catless down pipes & exhaust audio clips....

bpd1151

Alright, so because I'm sure a few of you may be wondering wth my new exhaust sounds like, I tried my hand at making a couple of sub-par audio/video clips for the community to feast their ears upon.

I can tell you these were captured using a sh!tty camera, combined with my sh!tty video capturing skills.

But hey, wth, don't look a gift horse in the mouth...... I tried my damn best.

From the outside of the car, at start up, and a couple of revs of the motor

From the inside of the car, at start up, and a couple of revs of the motor

From the inside, a quick cruise through the neighborhood

Hope it was worth the effort. I realize I really need to invest in some better camera / video equipment, but until then, this is the most you can expect.

Thanks Scrming..... :thumb:

I LOVE the sound too..... these audio/video clips hardly do it any justice truthfully.

On another note.....

I have an appt for custom dyno time w/ LMS on Thursday, Oct. 25th.

Between the new MyCal Tuning Device (approx 20awhp gain with the Stage 5 Meth File), along with the results LMS achieved through the set of catless downpipes LMS had fab'd for an EB F150..... (another 11awhp 20awtq)....

I believe I should be sitting in the realm of around 415awhp to 425awhp.

Not too shabby out of a 3.5 Twin Turbo'd 6cyl if you ask me :thumb:

Thnx for all the compliments fellow EBOF'ers :hail:

Like I stated, certainly not the best video / audio equipment by any means.....

But at least it gives y'all an idea as to what she sounds like now, entirely-cat free, and only the high-flow mufflers in place to muffle the sound slightly.

I'm just thankful that it turned out throatier, and beefier, rather tin can-ish, or ricer-like if you will.

To hear it in person though is really the cat's meow.... it's truly remarkable.

It's all good Steve.....

I can take a ribbing, no worries my friend. I actually kind of laughed at your post.....

Work has been crazy busy as of late with a couple of major incidents I've had to deal with.....

Kids have been sick, and I haven't been a 100% myself in all honesty.

Plus I am slated to begin training a new hire starting this weekend, so my mind hasn't been entirely focused on here.

I appreciated the laugh you provided me though, so thank you for that.

Is your vendor going to offer those for sale? I have a local guy called JDL Auto Designs that does awesome work and I was thinking of having him make some for me but he'd want to sell them if he makes a template.

Don't know if asking this is against the rules and don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Is your vendor going to offer those for sale? I have a local guy called JDL Auto Designs that does awesome work and I was thinking of having him make some for me but he'd want to sell them if he makes a template.

Don't know if asking this is against the rules and don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I don't think that particular vendor is planning on doing anymore...at least in the near future. I do know another vendor is working on them and they should be out very soon..like in the next week or two

I don't think you're breaking any rules either

You're fine as far as asking the question(s) that you have, no worries there.....

But to answer it, I'm not really sure.

I believe the intention(s) of the company that made them for me, was to have me "test" out this very 1st set, and see their functionality, etc.

I will reach out and ask the company I used, and place an inquiry for you.

I will shoot you a PM with their reply.

But I would agree with Darrell, from what I understand there may be another vendor looking into producing a set, or "sets" of their own, with varying options.

Either way, I can attest that you, or anyone else for that matter, probably won't have to wait anywhere near as long as I did.

Stay posted for details.

Mike, I apologize for not getting to listen to the clips yet. Hopefully I will have more time once this Instructor Development Course is finished and we get these instructor candidates off to the Instructor Examination. I will comment once I have more time to listen. Literally just walked in 20 minutes ago and I have to be at our Open Water Training Site at 0830 tomorrow and it's about a 50 mile drive!

No worries. Not like it's going anywhere.

Been like a week or so since they've been in and i'm still having to get used to the noticably louder turbo spooling.

It's insane to hear it in person and my crappy video capturing equipment doesn't do it any justice whatsoever.

But still lov'n 'em.....

Continued success in your classes! Stay focused on that as that is much much more important than anything offered up here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Just got in from scuba....I will listen to the clips in the near future. We had a great class of candidates and they did well. Will be headed to Allentown with them next month when they go for their Instructor Examination. I really enjoy teaching the instructor level classes, they are very intense for the candidates and lucky we have a great staff. Our Course Director is also in law enforcement, so he and I get along very well. Plus I really like how demanding he is of the candidates in getting them prepared for the upcoming exams. But the course is finished now we have some minor instruction to get them fine tuned for their exams and get their confidence built up. But I did manage to get the LED bulbs installed in my vanity mirrors this morning before class began, so it's been a good week-end!

Archived