Ecoboost Owner Forums

Question for anybody with switchbacks..

Hey..I'm new here. Also, I don't have a sho RpS_sneaky.giffear.gif only a regular '12 sel. But there is so much info here and I have only lurked because I wanted to read the thread on upgrading interior to leds.

Hopefully I don't get in too much trouble for not having a sho

I had switchback bulbs before. They worked, kind of. I didn't have resistors.. so they worked like they were suppose to except when you turn off the turn signal the leds just turn off until you turn the lights off and then back on and this keeps happening (without resistors). I didn't know which resistors to buy, so I kind of just said "forget it".

If everything goes as planned, I am now putting the switchbacks back in (got the resistors), upgrading interiors to leds, and leds in the reverse lights.

BUT.. now my question.

I live in Pennsylvania, we have state inspections here. My inspection runs out at the end of the month. I am not sure if they will pass it with the switchbacks in.. if they DON'T.. can I put regular bulbs back in temporarily with the resistors in? (Do regular bulbs still work with the resistors? <- my question)

Or.. since I have noticed that some of you guys live in PA too, do you have switchbacks? Do they pass inspection?

I'll post pictures if anybody wants me to.. (that is if I don't get banned)

EDIT: I just got it inspected. My leds aren't here yet and I figured less trouble for me just to go ahead and get it inspected before the leds even get here. I got in sooner than expected at the inspection place, only took 2 hours from when I called until their next available time slot, I figured it would be a couple days lol. So, once the bulbs get here I'll get some pictures up :D They should hopefully be here today, or tomorrow.. only about 150 miles away at noon yesterday..

You should be ok installing the regular bulbs temporarily. Simplified the load resistors are no different than adding a set of regular bulbs. I've only thing that may happen is that you pop the fuse. What I recommed is that you install a quick disconnect inline with the resistor. That way you can pull that when you install the regular bulbs. I would check your local traffic laws. In ontario for instance only the turn signals have to be yellow or amber. The side markers and running lights can be white or yellow. It's in our traffice act, hence the switchbacks.

You should be ok installing the regular bulbs temporarily. Simplified the load resistors are no different than adding a set of regular bulbs. I've only thing that may happen is that you pop the fuse. What I recommed is that you install a quick disconnect inline with the resistor. That way you can pull that when you install the regular bulbs. I would check your local traffic laws. In ontario for instance only the turn signals have to be yellow or amber. The side markers and running lights can be white or yellow. It's in our traffice act' date=' hence the switchbacks.[/quote'] Okay thanks :)