Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Hawk Pads & Power Slot Rotors

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to the good old days' date=' when you where allowed to shoot horse thieves.[/b']

Funny you should say that Chris....

Read over this F'd up story about what happened in Chicago the other day...

http://www.wgntv.com/news/chi-neighbors-drop-charges-against-man-80-in-shooting-of-burglar-20120327,0,4748005.story

Only in Chicago, where gun control advocates are so off base would this happen.

I guess that's why the good old days are just that.... old and in the past.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

It's unfortunate that gun laws are set up under the guise to take them out the hands of criminals. And it's sad to see people have to die over a minor theft or a few dollars. But is so ridiculous to think, just don't steal! And live to see another day. The system is broken, there is no reform for people that choose the career of a criminal. It's becomes a life style for them, and the repercussions are of no consequence to them.

I probably shouldn't go there... but this Sanford FL issue is totally out of control.... Anyone here a "White Hispanic"???? Hopefully a grand jury will get to the bottom of it once and for all' date=' unless they get shot first...[/quote']

Don't want to comment on this issue further as the media circus and changing story have gotten out of hand. But, technically you can be a white hispanic or black hispanic. Race & ethnicity are two different things and often confused. This should probably be in teh lounge area or something...

Back to cars, I definitely want a front rotor & pad upgrade. Wifey doesn't think a new car needs new rotors & pads. :D

Scrming - here is how you get those brakes......

Just drive thru a couple red lights or stop signs!

"Damn" !!! @#%$^

"You ran a stop... is something wrong?"

"Yeah... brakes are starting to go.... bad fade... Haven't you noticed a bit of chatter????"

"What does this mean?"

"Well.... I guess some new pads and rotors... nothing big.... and I got a place where I can get them CHEAP!"

(Silence)

"So is this another MOD?"

"NO!!!.... it's just like when we needed tires...."

AMEN... I rest my case

"Damn" !!! @#%$^

"Yeah... brakes are starting to go.... bad fade... Haven't you noticed a bit of chatter????"

"What does this mean?"

"Well.... I guess some new pads and rotors... nothing big.... and I got a place where I can get them CHEAP!"

(Silence)

AMEN... I rest my case

Laughing my ass off!!!

"Damn" !!! @#%$^

"What does this mean?"

(Silence)

AMEN... I rest my case

Actually I think I can sneak this upgrade in without the Mrs. noticing... not as obvious as saying painting the roof black or ripping out the stock grill... that being said... ordered the MGP caliper covers this morning and will be ordering rotors and pads this afternoon... Going to try the RotorPros stuff...

Do you have considerable clearance between back face of wheels and the calipers? I would have bought the covers, but my ASA's come close to touching the calipers. Now... my Interlagos have lots of spacing, but they are also a 33 offset.

Caliper Red Paint staying on much better this time.

Do you have considerable clearance between back face of wheels and the calipers? I would have bought the covers, but my ASA's come close to touching the calipers. Now... my Interlagos have lots of spacing, but they are also a 33 offset.

Caliper Red Paint staying on much better this time.

Didn't actually double check... just seemed to me in my mind there was plenty of room (1/8" required)... so i pulled up some of my pictures... appears to be plenty...

Every wheel design is different.... On my 08' G8, the 19" Beyern Multi's in 19" x 9.5" 45 offset, fit just fine, but the 18" version 45 offset & 9.5", rub on the calipers, but just slightly. Solution is to grind off a small area of rear calipers. I don't own the 18"s yet, but when I want to use my 18" DR's, I will likely get a pair... to match the fronts, and do the nasty grind down..... (and re-paint the calipers red).

• 1 month later...

Just looking for an update from anyone who has ebc red stuff pads and sport rotors. I had them on my 09 Impala SS and was very happy. Thinking about them for the MKS. no issues currently, lots of pad left, but just generally unhappy with the mushy pedal feel and performance.

Thanks.

interesting, I did not notice noise on the impala, good to know. I definitely don't want that. I am thinking, about perhaps just replacing the pads of this time verses rotors and pads. so many decisions. if you were going to just replace the pads, what would everybody recommend? I am thinking aloud, but I wonder how red stuff would do on the stock rotors

I have Stop Tech Pads and Power Slot Rotors on front, and upgraded rotors and pads on back of my Flex. Had the EBC Reds ordered, but they finally cancelled as no production date was guaranteed. But... don't think this is the case with the SHO or MKS. My Flex stops great, with no noise issues, but I am also mostly running lighter wheels/tires which by themselves stop better.

So whats the opinion on getting new pads for the stock rotors? I am used to GM rotors which suck, and warp constantly. That is why I always replaced them. Any major warping issues with Ford Rotors? I don't track the car and drive pretty conservatively.

My previous experiences with Ford rotors was that they too warp, though I had no issues before I switched to different rotors and pads.

About the same time, I bought a set of just EBC red pads (all 4 wheels) for my 09' G8 GT, as it had only about 14,000 mi on it. Had no issues whatsoever. Installer checked rotors, but felt there was no need to turn them. Definitely helped the stopping, but now that I have a new cam in it, really need them as idle pushes car along at about 7 mph. That's why it's currently in having a 3,000 stall put in.

So I've been looking into Hawk pads and found they do not sell HPS for our cars. Only Performance Ceramic and LTS are offered. I sent them a question a few days ago regarding the differences between the HPS & LTS and have yet to receive an answer. The HPS & LTS supposedly are made from the exact same ferro-carbon material.

The other thing that's interesting, someone said Hawk told them they make pads only for PP SHO's. As far as I know, the only differences between the PP & Non-PP SHO's brakes are the actual brake pads, NOT the calipers themselves. Am I wrong here?

• 3 months later...

http://automotivebrakesystem.info/cheap-ebc-brakes-gd7510-3gd-series-dimpled-and-slotted-sport-rotor-on-sale/

Hi!

Anyone has purchased these rotors? Mine are due and I want to make sure I get somthing worth it. I am looking for great performance, not too noisy, not too much brake dust and affordable. Which pads should I go with also? I was recommended to not use full ceramic because they are performant but they need to warm up before they are performant... Since my wife uses the car sometimes and with the cold weather up here (under 50F 6 months per year), I think 1/2 ceramic and 1/2 somthing else would be more appropriate.

Thanks for your suggestions (ASAP please because it really needs to be done)!

Steve

Finally, I don't want to wait too long since my brakes are doing an horrible noise. I contacted my local speed shop and ordered the EBC sport rotors with the HPS Hawk pads for the front only... I will do the back next year. I saw a best price of 328US$ for the rotors on ebay... But, to benefit from free shipping, I'd have to go get them in NY state, so that is 2 hours of driving total, plus custom charges of 15% and conversion to Cdn$, that would be around 375$. The local speed shop does it for 395$ plus taxes = 454$... Good enough for me. Then 90$ for the front pads. They will do the install for about 100$. I had not expected to do the brake job this year, but this is kind of important, isn't it?

Thanks anyways, I'M sure I would have had some great advices from you guys, but I need to make a decision now, so that they can do the job this Saturday.

Cheers!

Archived