Ecoboost Owner Forums

Lets play guess Darreli's whp/wtq..

Livernois Motorsports

Regarding the hp numbers, don't focus too much on peak to peak gains. It may be only 30 or so more hp than before but there are areas under and above the curve where it picked up much more. With these cars being as heavy as they are, I'd want all the tq I could get to get them moving... Now we have the tq, just need to get it to the ground. It definitely has the power to go 11's as it sits.

Rick

Thanks for the heads up Rick.

If anyone knows the platform as much as individual owners do, it certainly is you.

Hopefully this company will be able to come up with some solutions to the current issues (if that's you can refer to them as) for aiding in traction.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding the hp numbers, don't focus too much on peak to peak gains. It may be only 30 or so more hp than before but there are areas under and above the curve where it picked up much more. With these cars being as heavy as they are, I'd want all the tq I could get to get them moving... Now we have the tq, just need to get it to the ground. It definitely has the power to go 11's as it sits.

Rick

You are correct Rick, area under the power curve is what matters the most, not just the peak and with the weight, torque is very important. As for the 11's, I really am confident that I may achieve this weekend if it doesn't rain. Expected temps in the 30's, 10-15 mph side and tail winds, track will have glue and is always well prepped. I am now at 12.09 at almost 118mph, I expect (hope) 11.99 at close to 120mph! So, if I can make it without downpipes and upgraded turbos, no doubt Darrell and Mike's cars are capable of digging much deeper into the 11's!

I've decide to start researching also. Some info I came across now is stiffening rear springs and limiting straps on the front. You got the bags already' date=' not familiar with limiting straps. Will keep investigating.[/quote']

Crash are thinking something like what the DSM'rs are using in this thread? I like the idea. I emailed Airlift and they want measurements of my spring with weight on the car before giving the correct bag to order. That being the case a bag for an H&R spring will probably end up different then for an Eibach.

The front strap looks like it is worth a shot. The DSM cars have been fighting AWD traction at the track longer then us!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/384134-front-suspension-limit-straps.html

I do not believe that anything at all has been done to the transmission in terms of torque vectoring. If others who have claimed a max of 150lbs can be sent to the rear diff are correct then ALL the remaining torque has to go to the front wheels, 400ft-lbs or so for some guys apparently (going to the front I mean). That is why Darreli has mentioned the suspension tuning. If we had an easy way to divert more torque to the rear then "squat" would be a great boon. Since we do not, we want to keep as much weight from shifting off of the fronts as possible. That's also why Steve's quip about heavier wheels helping may have a hint of truth possibly.

If the rears are capable of more traction and your not sending it there it's going to hurt times. I would like to see Ford make a transmission with a rear wheel bias for these cars myself or the ability to switch where you want the torque path.

I think the transmission needs to be addressed with the power levels you boys are flirting with now.