Ecoboost Owner Forums

What systems are out there?

I have always been huge into loud systems, was curious what everyone has come up with for system. I have got 2 JL audio W6 13.5 with a 1000/1 in a ported box, with morel and hertz door speakers amplified and an audio control lcq-1, with the stock deck because i dont want to lose sync. has anyone done anything else that is loud?

Ive got about 500 watts going to a 10" MA Audio in a self built t-line sub box tuned to about 30Hz. It won't be in there long because its huge! It was just an expriment. But man does the thing sound clean, loud and hits lows like crazy. My other "normal" "current" sub is a older pair of 10" Pioneers in a ported Q-logic box thats too small. But fits the area behind the seat perfectly. I am growing so tired of plastic coned subs!

The 4x12's must have been real loud in that Explorer. I put my single 10" t-line that was in my SHO in a Explorer last night actually, I was impressed. Funny thing was that my buddy lit his lighter inbetween beats and it blew out everytime. LOL

Did you ever look at Sundown for subs? The SA-8 V2 is a beast!

Do you guys mind sharing pictures? I'm in the process of researching options to add on a Sub when i get my SHO (i don't own one yet). Right now I'm looking into a false floor built into the spare assuming there's room for a shallow sub there. I'd be curious to see others setups for some other ideas.

Thanks!

So....finally decided to begin my audio upgrade, since the end of the drag racing season is coming to an end and the elusive 11's are....well...elusive. Started today with 2 12 RE Audio Pros, I'm very impressed with how tight these subs are and the sound quality is superb, along with an Arc Audio mono amp. Next phase, after Christmas will be a new Arc Audio PS8 to integrate everything and 2 sets of Arc Audio Black 6.5in components along with another Arc Audio amp to drive them. At the same time my subs will move to a custom enclosure occupying the well that is right behind the seats.

meh. I was in the car audio biz back in the 80's and early 90's. I had my fill of cars with $4,000+ retail systems.

in my old age, I have learned to accept what the cars come with. Premium options are 1,000,000 times better than what we used to have for stock stereos, and bridge the gap to aftermarket nicely. Altough i breifly thought about doing someting, i changed my mind quickly.

I would much rather spend that cash on my home system, or better yet, next summer vacation. I find the sony system on fails me the 5% of the time i want to push it to 11. anything 9 or less, the system does just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i looked at sundown and anyone i talked to said you will not keep the SQ that jl has so i decided to go with JL not to mention the price i pay for JL audio is only 10% above cost. but sundown is loud!!!

The 4x12's must have been real loud in that Explorer. I put my single 10" t-line that was in my SHO in a Explorer last night actually, I was impressed. Funny thing was that my buddy lit his lighter inbetween beats and it blew out everytime. LOL

Did you ever look at Sundown for subs? The SA-8 V2 is a beast!