Ecoboost Owner Forums

Good momentum for new members!

steve142857

Most of the women I know only car about their cars getting them from point A to point B, know it runs on whatever gas is the cheapest, and takes it in for oil changes 2k miles over.

If it makes you feel better, I have loads of guy friends like that too. My wife does not work on our cars but she can identify a car better than any male friend I have, always parks way out in the middle of nowhere or on an end spot to avoid dings, and honestly knows more about cars than any of my male friends. She never gives me a hard time about pouring money into seemingly trivial mods and listens to our son and I babble non-stop about all things car related. Twenty- two years and counting!

Oops, that was far off topic. Sorry. Back on topic: We need more female perspective here and we are all glad to have you here Steph and are glad nobody has creeped you out or stalked you here. :)

I'm very new to the SHO forums but what happened? and what forum? Sorry for the stupid question but I see there is a little beef between forums.

Basically you had your older Generation SHO owners not playing well with the new Generation SHO owners. You had owners from back in 1989-1999 with their opinions and new 2010+ owners with their opinions. I've been an SHO owner for more than a decade and have had all the gens. I've made many friends thru the older gens and had to wait 11 years for the Gen 4 to arrive and now I have several new friends for the current Generation. New SHO owners have no idea what the wait was like for us previous owners. We all begged Ford for many years to bring the SHO back and it fell on deaf ears, until 2007.

Then, the spring of 2009 Ford released an event where only 10 people were chosen and I was one of 'em to test and drive the new Generation Taurus and SHO. Not even the "best" SHO enthusiasts got to entertain this event. Sadly, once the new Gen 4 came out, only a couple older owners purchased one. The older crew just couldn't afford it at the time, already had moved on from the SHOs, or already had other vehicles in their stable. Not to mention the performance mods had dwindled down to almost nothing for the SHOs and with the cam failure on the 96-99 SHOs and Ford did nothing about the issue, it left a bad taste in alot of owners mouth's.

To me its similar to having a new manager come into to work. You test them to see how far you can go before things happen. And that's what happened. Heads started to butt and "employees" left to take "new jobs". It sucks to have to jump from forum to forum to see what things are going on in the community. That's why I have not been on either as much. Same happened to the Lightning site. Half go to the new site, half stay where they know. I'm glad I get to hear about the new Gen 4 mods and upgrades that you guys do.

Do I wish it was all on one site, hell yeah! Can I change that? Hell no! So I do what I have to do. Hope I didn't step on any toes on here. I figure the only stupid question is the one not asked, and the only stupid answer is the one not given.

What I find hilarious about the whole 'new forum' drama is that I received a PM to join it. I figured, well the more the merrier and I can always use ideas and compare/contrast. So I opted to see what it was about and guess who didn't get authorized to join it? This chick. Why? probably because I'm a woman and am clearly being stereotyped. But I'm not upset by it because I don't like little boys with big egos only to compensate for something they're lacking make me feel bad. I don't bow down to anyone, ever.

What I find hilarious about the whole 'new forum' drama is that I received a PM to join it. I figured' date=' well the more the merrier and I can always use ideas and compare/contrast. So I opted to see what it was about and guess who didn't get authorized to join it? This chick. Why? probably because I'm a woman and am clearly being stereotyped. But I'm not upset by it because I don't like little boys with big egos only to compensate for something they're lacking make me feel bad. I don't bow down to anyone, ever.[/quote']

Hi Steph, I am not sure I understand... You received an invitation to join here and got refused because you are a woman? That doesn't sound like EBOF to me... Can you please clarify?

Thanks and from what I have read and seen so far and from my part you are more than welcome here and there aren't any discrimination made what so ever.

Steve ; )

Hi Steph, I am not sure I understand... You received an invitation to join here and got refused because you are a woman? That doesn't sound like EBOF to me... Can you please clarify?

Thanks and from what I have read and seen so far and from my part you are more than welcome here and there aren't any discrimination made what so ever.

Steve ; )

Not from here Steve, a newly formed forum by one our disgruntle X-members. Sorry to hear that steph, just lends more proof that our Admin took the appropriate action.

What I find hilarious about the whole 'new forum' drama is that I received a PM to join it. I figured' date=' well the more the merrier and I can always use ideas and compare/contrast. So I opted to see what it was about and guess who didn't get authorized to join it? This chick. Why? probably because I'm a woman and am clearly being stereotyped. But I'm not upset by it because I don't like little boys with big egos only to compensate for something they're lacking make me feel bad. I don't bow down to anyone, ever.[/quote']

Gotta love New England women!:hail: