Ecoboost Owner Forums

New SHO owner Boston area

Slowsho

Hey everyone names Jimmy just got myself into a Silver 2010 Taurus SHO 402A non-PP. Love it so far, find something new about the car everyday. Excited to get a intake/tune this coming spring(maybe sooner :RpS_cool: ). Got a pretty good deal on it. I traded in my 2010 Mazdaspeed3 for 18,300 and got the SHO for about 24k and some change. The SHO has 44k on it i was surprised how low it was but then realized its at a toyota dealer and they wanted it off the lot :eyebrows:. Thanks

Thanks guys! Yea alot of reading to do. Im very active on the Mazdaspeedforums had my old car pretty bolted up with E85 so i cant wait to get a few mods on this car. Seeing that pretty much a good starting point is intake/tune. Is it fine to have just a intake with out a tune?

A CAI without a tune is fine. And, according to Rick at LMS, the existence of a cold air intake, alone, does not change their tuning. I did it in reverse. First I got the tune, and then the cold air intake. Rick said that I did not need to adjust my tune after getting the cold air intake.

Welcome aboard EBOF :welcome:

Glad knowing you've chosen to register here, and we each collectively look forward to your involvement.

Don't forget to post up some pics when time permits, and be sure to keep the community updated on any mods you perform and your experiences not only with the car itself, but also any mods respectively.

Mike :yo:

Hi and welcome! Finally someone else in the MA/RI area with a SHO. I don't see them very often up this way. I get so excited when I see a Taurus and I speed up to see if it's a SHO... always a Limited or lower... I currently am running with just an Airaid CAI without tunes and it works fine. I won't be tuning the car until spring only because with the weather being how it is lately (snow today... yay.... -_-) and it's my DD/mom-mobile, I just don't want the temptation or risk with my girls in the car.

Hi and welcome! Finally someone else in the MA/RI area with a SHO. I don't see them very often up this way. I get so excited when I see a Taurus and I speed up to see if it's a SHO... always a Limited or lower... I currently am running with just an Airaid CAI without tunes and it works fine. I won't be tuning the car until spring only because with the weather being how it is lately (snow today... yay.... -_-) and it's my DD/mom-mobile' date=' I just don't want the temptation or risk with my girls in the car.[/quote']

Welcome Slowsho. From the "SHO-OFF the SOUTH" group. Like Bombshell I was glad to see member join from in my city of ATLANTA.

I know where McGee motors is! That's up in Hanover. I will tell you the excise isn't bad on these cars at all. I just got mine and the excise was under $200

Thats not bad at all!!!! I was paying more with the mazda!! Hopefully we can get some locals together sometime for a meet.

Yeah' date=' thanks......nice. Not loving this thread. You were 3 when I graduated High School.[/quote']

OK....enough of this whining. Todd you are way too young to be making these kind of comments. They are reserved for truly vintage seniors ....like me! Graduated HS class 1960.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk