Ecoboost Owner Forums

Fun in the snow

Night Hawk

I was debating removing the tune for the winter, have you contemplated that Night Hawk? I figured, like you, I would try the snow with it, and then decide. Like you, I enjoy having fun in the car, but sometimes I just want to get home from work with no drama.......

I have not had any issues yet I always run mobil -1 93 octane and use my right foot and good common sense as my governor. I would like to limit the amount of times I flash the CPU, as its bad enough I will need a tune upgrade for downpipes next season lol. Last night the roads were very slick and I tested it in various ways with no issues to report. As the season continues if I sense even a slight problem ill post it up. How did the Wally World run go Steff?

Any of you guys know how the car is with the michelin mxv4 in the snow? I havent tried anything out yet.

Not sure on those, after running blizzaks in the past on my Mach-1, yes rwd ,bolt on ,bright orange Mach-1 during a full normal local winter and not getting stuck, I'll never go back, IMHO. If you know what size Craig's list usually has great deals.

I used Blizzak's on my old, 2007, heavily modified Dodge Charger during the winter months while motoring around in Chi-Town.

LOVED THEM :thumb:

I distinctly recall on one occasion, when we had a crapload of ice here during an ice storm, literally a sh!t load of cars in the ditches, involved in accidents, etc.

Me? I kept motoring along, slowly mind you, but I got back and forth to work w/o any issues whatsoever.

MXV4s are generally good. I have them on our Caddy with admittedly smaller rims/tires. Also have a new set on the MKS, but this is my first real winter. If they are as good as they are on the Caddy, plus AWD, I will be fine. If not, I am getting some 19s and Blizzaks.

Folks on the MKS forum report that they do decently in the snow.....which is why I decided to try them out first before spending money on winter rims/tires.

I was debating removing the tune for the winter' date=' I would try the snow with it, and then decide. Like you, I enjoy having fun in the car, but sometimes I just want to get home from work with no drama.......[/quote']

I haven't removed the tune since it got installed. Just drive with a light right foot and you shouldn't have any problems. Although, I must add, I haven't taken the SHO out in the snow, it's a luxury I can afford since I am retired, so if it's bad weather I can take our Explorer or the Sable (our beatermobile).

I have not had any issues yet I always run mobil -1 93 octane and use my right foot and good common sense as my governor. I would like to limit the amount of times I flash the CPU' date=' as its bad enough I will need a tune upgrade for downpipes next season lol. Last night the roads were very slick and I tested it in various ways with no issues to report. As the season continues if I sense even a slight problem ill post it up. How did the Wally World run go Steff?[/quote']

Typical nightmare... I hate going there. I can't understand for the life of my why people leave their cart in a parking space when the next spot over is the cart return. I saw a Prius literally in 4 spaces last night and contemplated leaving a note but decided against it. I go up there a lot at night just for my sanity and to pick up a few things for the house here or there.