Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 sho 12.80@107.91

NotEnufPSI

Yea, my cameraman was horrible. I almost left her there to practice filming other cars. I was launching around the 2000 rmp range. My car starts acting up when preparing to launch. I think it is the ABS kicking in because it will lurch forward while I am holding the brake and gas down. That happens on the street. (wait I don't race on the street) I turned it off at the track. I am 99% sure I need to get better at driving to get the times down. I was racing with little gas, probably less than 1/8th of a tank. I just checked and Byron is closed for the season. I think I hit all of your comments. Thanks all for posting. Does anyone go to any SHO owner events? Are there any? Just looking to meet other owners.

Yea' date=' my cameraman was horrible. I almost left her there to practice filming other cars. I was launching around the 2000 rmp range. My car starts acting up when preparing to launch. I think it is the ABS kicking in because it will lurch forward while I am holding the brake and gas down. That happens on the street. (wait I don't race on the street) I turned it off at the track. .[/quote']

I launch at 2K also and get that lurch too but I am pretty sure the lurch is cause by the crappy 2011 brakes that just wont hold at much higher RPM than that especially after they get hot. It sounds to me like the 2013 brakes don't do much better than the earlier model brakes, surprising.

Yea' date=' my cameraman was horrible. I almost left her there to practice filming other cars. I was launching around the 2000 rmp range. My car starts acting up when preparing to launch. I think it is the ABS kicking in because it will lurch forward while I am holding the brake and gas down. That happens on the street. (wait I don't race on the street) I turned it off at the track. I am 99% sure I need to get better at driving to get the times down. I was racing with little gas, probably less than 1/8th of a tank. I just checked and Byron is closed for the season. I think I hit all of your comments. Thanks all for posting. Does anyone go to any SHO owner events? Are there any? Just looking to meet other owners.[/quote']

Where do you live?

I launch at 2K also and get that lurch too but I am pretty sure the lurch is cause by the crappy 2011 brakes that just wont hold at much higher RPM than that especially after they get hot. It sounds to me like the 2013 brakes don't do much better than the earlier model brakes' date=' surprising.[/quote']

If you turn advancetracion all the way off I have launch at 21-2200rmp. and put that big left foot down hard.

Wait a minute, I have never seen that message. I only get an "ADVANCETRAC OFF" message after holding the TCS button for 5 seconds with brake applied.

Please tell me exactly what you doing to get that message to appear

I like put it in trac sport and down hill assist when running autocross with the SCCA.

Hi everybody, new 2013 SHO w/PP owner. This is a great car and performed better than I could've asked for. Only mod to the car is the LMS tune that Rick was kind enough to load up for me yesterday on short notice. Went out to Milan here in MI today and made only 2 passes

First pass- 13.01@106.87

Second pass-12.80@107.91

Though I only got 2 back to back passes in over 4+ hours, I was very happy with the results.

Tony

'13 SHO w/PP and Livernois Tune

Are you running the 91 or the 93 octane tune? Have you tried them both? I only tried the 91 so far, next spring I will go with 93.

Awesome time by the way!

• 2 weeks later...