Ecoboost Owner Forums

Car wrap with 3M vinyl

Bad news... 3M sent him the gloos vinyl instead of matte, but apparently it is still back order in North America anyways... So, I will give them my car in only one week. No way I'll change the color for gloss, the matte looks so nice when paired with the tuxedo black... So, everything on the back burner a bit more... Geeze, I can't wait !!!!! ; )

Yay! Someone is doing it! I've been saving up for it but I'm likely shipping my car to SO.Cal for the work from a special film that's called Velvet Chrome.

Cool! I was looking at chrome too, but mirror chrome is illegal and coloured chrome is accepted as long as not complete car, so if I would have left the roof in black it would be accepted. However, the cost of chrome vynil is twice as much if not more than regular 3M vinyl. Also, coloured chrome doesn't exist, so you need to apply a transparent coloured vynil over regular miror chrome in order to get the wanted coloured chrome. So you ended paying for two coats of vinyl (including the expensive chrome one), plus two installation. So, I would guess it would be at least 750$ of chrome vinyl, plus 350$ of transparent film, plus a good 2000$ of installation. So easily 3K$, but probably closer to 4K$. In my case, I got a sponsorship from vividvynil.com in exchange of putting a small decal of their company's website on the passenger back window and the cost will be 1,200$... That is not to bad...

Good luck in getting a good job at a good price and I am looking forward to seeing your car done as well...

Cheers!

You know what I really need to get to Sema one of these years. Not sure how to get in, probably just talk one of my buddies with a car related biz to say I work for them...

Steve you dont go to So-Cal for a good price :) You go because they are one of the premier Rod & Custom shops in the US and world. Not to mention everything I have seen of theirs is superb.

Those looks sharp Bombshell! I think you and Steve need to get your acts together so I can see what it will look like on a SHO!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could find mags like these for next summer. My winter rims are now the OEM 20" that will be painted matte black, but for summer, I think it would look great... Sadly, it seems that they are only available in Australia : ( If ever someone finds some in America, please let me know... I don't even know if they'd fit, but I just imagine how nice they'd look with my black an dmatte blue metallic theme...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1428[/ATTACH]

post-379-142532289227_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289227_thumb.jpg

I wish I could find mags like these for next summer. My winter rims are now the OEM 20" that will be painted matte black, but for summer, I think it would look great... Sadly, it seems that they are only available in Australia : ( If ever someone finds some in America, please let me know... I don't even know if they'd fit, but I just imagine how nice they'd look with my black an dmatte blue metallic theme...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1428[/ATTACH]

I love them THEY ARE BLUE:heh:

All right, I am at work and can't work at all! lol! In 45 minutes, I am leaving the office, starting my vacations officially (beside that I still need to do my luggages!). I will be dropping my car at Vic Auto for the 3M Matte Blue metallic vinyl installation. The distributor, Abraham from vividvynil.com, will be there too and we will sign the contract on which we will confirm all chrome to be painted in black and the areas where the blue will be wrapped and etc. Also, the contract will stipulate that I'll have to put their logo on my car for one year in order to benefit from the major discount they are giving me in exchange of sponsoring their company.

I am very excited and I am almost more excited to come back from Mexico in 2 weeks than to leave tomorrow lol!

I will ask the guys to film the install and take pics as much as possible.

Quick question:

I was wondering if I should put everything just black and blue. I want to put back Twin Turbo decals on the hood and was wondering if I should either put them in black over the blue hood or maybe go with something like a flashy green and paint the callipers the same colors. So that the car would be all balck and blue except for twin turbos decals and callipers in a different colors (green, maybe white would look good too, not so sure if I want to go red...).

What do you guys think?

I need to give them an answer as soon as possible because that will be on the contract too.

Thanks!

I hope the car will be ready upon my return on Monday January 7th... Expect many pics shortly... : )

Thanks Chris and yes, I ignore Mark's comment lol! ; )

The advantage of having car in black is that if I dont like spoiler and/or handles in black, I can just have them wrapped after. They will take pics along the process of each portion and I will be able to comment back from Mexico and instruct them if changes are required.

Finally, I opted for blue callipers. Since they are not brembos, I dont want to drag too much attention on them, so in blue they will look nice and fit well.

Thanks!

lol really steve??? i love your comments and threads, but i gotta laugh when you say you dont wanna draw attention to them/your car. like i told ya earlier in i think the blue looks amazing and i think the black and blue combo is nice and i wouldnt add green to it, i think ur gonna have ur "stand out" amazing one of a kind SHO buddy. all i can say is try to enjoy mexico (where u goin? ) ur vaca and then cant wait to see all the pics when u get back. which i know ur gonna be thinking everyday of your car lol.

also have a great holiday buddy!!

ant

Sorry guys, just don't care for the total black look....I will reserve my final judgement until we see some photos. Also I do think that the green may look good with the blue, nice color difference...I believe years ago Bahama Air did their 737's in a blue/green paint scheme and they looked sharp.

• 2 weeks later...

Not easy to connect to internet in dmall mexican villages. Here are a few pics of my car being wrapped so far back home. Only needs to plastidip all chrome and paint callipers and reassemble...

Going back this Friday... Can t wait to see final result and post nice pics:

[ATTACH]1515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1517[/ATTACH]

I love the look so far...

Cheers and happy new year to y'all!

Steve from Mexico!

post-379-142532289342_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289347_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289351_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289342_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289347_thumb.jpg