Ecoboost Owner Forums

Car wrap with 3M vinyl

I have got to say, that is just unbelievably awesome man! IT looks soo friggin cool to me. Where are these guys located again? It looks like they did a really good job. Surely there have to be some spots they messed up on? Care to share if there are any? I just cant see how anybody could vinyl wrap a whole car and get it perfect!

I have got to say' date=' that is just unbelievably awesome man! IT looks soo friggin cool to me. Where are these guys located again? It looks like they did a really good job. Surely there have to be some spots they messed up on? Care to share if there are any? I just cant see how anybody could vinyl wrap a whole car and get it perfect![/quote']

Thanks!

They did an awesome job, really! They took more time than they would usually (since they are sponsering me too, they wanted the job to be perfect). I have to admit, it is close to perfection. You can notice, if you close closer, in the inside of the doors, the line is not perfectly straight and on the corner of the hood, closer to the mirror, we can see a little fold in the vinyl, but beside that, impossible to tell that it is a vinyl.

They are real pros and I am glad to have chosen them and proud to be sponsorred by them and having their logos (will be installed this afternoon) on the car.

They are located in Montreal.

We did the video/photo shoot tonight.

Since it's the winter, it's hard to keep the car clean and to find a nice spot to shoot at night.

However, we managed to get the car cleaned and went in a commercial parking.

I don't know when the editing of the shoot will be done, but meanwhile, here is a pic of new blue sho finally looking nice for the camera:

[ATTACH]1572[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1573[/ATTACH]

You can see their logos on both sides:

Vvividvinyl.com (material) and Vic-autos (the installer).

Looking forward to sharing the final video/photo shoot.

post-379-142532289741_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289745_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289741_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289745_thumb.jpg

I'm a horrible person and didn't read through the entire 11 pages so I'm sorry if you have covered this already but what would the ballpark price for this sort of thing be? I'm sure your pricing was "special" as they are sponsoring you but just for John Q. Public pricing. Thanks!

P.S.: Looks freakin' awesome man. I know, grown men shouldn't speak like that but it just seemed appropriate here because it does!

I'm curious how it will handle normal wear and tear like stone chips and dore dings and car washes. I know the paint will be fine but how will the vinyl hold up? Keep us posted on those things?

I'm curious too... I already have a small stone chip on the front bumper under the «fog light»... But the paint on my bumper already had many stone chips, so I guess it would have cipped the paint too. It is very small and it shows in black, so with the blue, it doesn't show that much. I need to be more prudent when squeezing my car between two parked cars. I cannot go in car washes, because we never know what chemical they are using in their cheap soap and I cannot use wax neither on the vinyl because of the matte finish, it would leave shinny spots and make the finish uneven. The vinyl is supposed to stay on place for at least 5 years being able to remove it without affecting the paint.

I will certainly report back as the months go by.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for professional photo/film shooting to be edited and see final result.

Meanwhile, here are a couple shots of the car I took last night. With current winter conditions, the cars get so dirty so quickly!

I needed to give it a bath (or pay guys to do it as I am not equipped in the winter to wash my car).

(Once official video is completed, I will erase some of the pics in this thread if needed if they take too much space on this site... Moderators please just let me know at that time):

post-379-142532289805_thumb.jpg

post-379-14253228981_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289814_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289805_thumb.jpg

post-379-14253228981_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289814_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chris! Me too I cant wait for the professional (actually the brother of the vinyl guy that is professionally equipped, loves to do that and has a lot of experience).

Mike: the problems I have this morning are with tapatalk from iphone, doesnt delete pictures even if I delete them and refresh... No biggy, I'll do it some other time...

As for the glossy black roof, I thought Chris and I were your inspiration with our cars being black! ; )

That is the intrigue in this story and I ll call the expert tomorrow morning... Just the front bumper wrapping is 40% of the job, so a good 1,000$! Ouch!

That s the prive for downpipes right?

I ll try to get a estimate from insurance and have it done with my contacts.

I was thinking to get the front bumper not painted and have it painted in blue, then have it wrapped. At least the rock chips wouldn t show ( blue instead of black).

What the insurance would save in primer, coats, clear and cooking, I coulld apply in blue paint with vinyl.

To be continued...

MF f... J.... F@#%***

ahh... I feel better lol

I'd have it repainted black again Steve. Just don't have it installed, you will probably save a few bucks on labor at the bump shop and at the vinyl wrappers. You can have the new bumper painted and not go without your car and same for having it wrapped again. Once there done wrapping then they should be able to swap out while you wait. Just some thoughts is all.