Ecoboost Owner Forums

Upgrading rotors and brakes?

Such a pain in the ass I just replaced all of them and did the whole bedded crap. I was having issues with the stock ones now these. Should I return the rotors. They shouldnt shit the bed 1 week having them.

As to bedding pads, at least 500miles. Your suppose to easy on them at first new pads can quickly over heat and warp your rotors.

IMO the factory rotors are good for maybe anchors for a bass boat. Mine were warped to shit at 45k so I upgraded to powerslots in the front with abc red pads all the way around. Long story short' date=' my front p/s wheel bearing crapped out and after about 50 runs at the track the powerslots are now warped. I do like the grip of the red pads but will soon be replacing all my rotors with EBC Slotted.[/quote']

That's weird, Ford just had to replace my p/s wheel bearing at 33k miles also. I've noticed that a lot of times at the first stop in the morning, it takes a lot of effort to stop and it goes a long distance before stopping, and I'm only going maybe 10-15 mph. After that first stop, it seems fine. From everything I've read, when I can I'd like to switch to better brake hardware on my car too.