Ecoboost Owner Forums

Nav Screen Protector Installed

Thanks for the code' date=' I am going to order mine later today or tomorrow[/quote']

No problem. It applied pretty easily. I did not read the directions carefully, so I had one hiccup that was my fault (don't remove the whole plastic backing at once, remove a little, position, and then slowly remove the rest of the backing and you are applying to the screen - I just took the whole backing off and then tried to align - much more difficult).

One of the reasons I got this was because I had some "faded" spots that were visible when the screen was off (I am assuming some of the coating was worn off). This protector hides the imperfections wonderfully. It is also a lot easier to clean than without the protector (the screen is glass smooth now). At this point, simply because it hides the imperfections that were there and it is smoother, I would recommend.

I mean it's not rocket science, it's a piece of clear plastic cut to the right size, but it works!

One of my concerts with that is applying it properly' date=' given unlike a phone or tablet that you can lay flat. a Nav screen is at a extreme angle to be applying a liquid. Also, how easy is it to remove?[/quote']

Jiust spray it on the microfiber cloth that comes with it and wipe. Dries quickly-hardens over 24 hours-still talkin bout the polymer. Took two pumps from the bottle So far i have used it on e-readers, smart phone screens, and several digital camera screens. One i carry in pocket with coins/keys etc. No marks/scratches etc.... Seems to work. and screen seems to stay clean with no bubbles plastic protector application. Will reapply in about 4 months. Took less than 10 minutes ot do all devices.

I just remembered to grab my CC and order mine...I ordered the Crystal Clear not the Anti-Glare since I haven't really had any glare problems with the screen. Also if you order tonight or tomorrow the code: HOLIDAY is also good for a 10% discount, but it does end tomorrow. Thanks to the discount it was $21.00 instead of 23....it's only 2 bucks but it's still a little savings.

Lastly that's Todd for the installation tips!:thumb:

Got to use it a little more today when I was driving around. I really do like it a lot. The fingerprints, when the unit is on, are barely noticeable. And, as I stated earlier, the imperfections which were staring at me are no longer visible. I am thinking that theanti glare really only makes sense for outdoor fish finders and such.

Got to use it a little more today when I was driving around. I really do like it a lot. The fingerprints' date=' when the unit is on, are barely noticeable. [/quote']

Remember wearing driving gloves completely eliminates the fingerprints! Besides, when you put on driving gloves, it always reminds me of the Ferrari driver in the original Gumball Rally!

Installation complete. It was a bit harder to get aligned then I thought it would be...glad tss posted about not completely removing the backing, leaving it on is a BIG help! Only had one hiccup...got 1 dog hair behind the protector...but it's the price for having a Dalmatian...their hair is like pine needles, they stick to everything and are almost impossible to remove from clothing. Oh well, she'll be immortalized on the nav screen, at least until I replace the protector. Comments about the protector, it does make the screen feel smoother, does seem to resist fingerprints better, and overall the kit was worth the $$, since it comes with latex finger covers, microfiber cloth, and a plastic straight edge to help keep the protector smooth and work out air bubbles....pleased with the protector and results.

You know, you can get rid of the dog hair. Just remove it and re apply.

Use a piece of scotch tape on a corner and pull it off. Then, according to the website, just wash it with mild soap, rinse it, shake it like a polaroid picture to dry it, then re apply. Directions are on the FAQ section of the Lexerd website.

Agree on fast shipping, and I am liking the protector more and more. Thanks again racer for turning us onto this!

You know, you can get rid of the dog hair. Just remove it and re apply.

Use a piece of scotch tape on a corner and pull it off. Then, according to the website, just wash it with mild soap, rinse it, shake it like a polaroid picture to dry it, then re apply. Directions are on the FAQ section of the Lexerd website.

Agree on fast shipping, and I am liking the protector more and more. Thanks again racer for turning us onto this!

Thanks, I am going to try this in a bit, I'll let you know the results...I think I will use a pair of tweezers to remove the hair, since there is only one, but being as anal as I am, if I don't remove it, it will bother the heck out of me.

Just tried the scotch tape method of removing the corner of the protector....giant FAIL the protector wouldn't budge....seems to be adhered to the screen, so instead of damaging the protector and/or the screen I can live with one dog hair...besides when I first got in the car it took me a minute to find it, so for the time being it will stay.

Just tried the scotch tape method of removing the corner of the protector....giant FAIL the protector wouldn't budge....seems to be adhered to the screen' date=' so instead of damaging the protector and/or the screen I can live with one dog hair...besides when I first got in the car it took me a minute to find it, so for the time being it will stay.[/quote']

The scotch tape didn't work for me either, but the toothpick in the corner did.

I tried to get a piece of lint out of the middle but made it worse... still working on it.

Have applied Dynaflo Liquid Armor. Comes in small pump spray bottle with two micofiber cloths-one to cleana nd one to apply. Two pumps on the cloth and wipe on screen. Wait ten minutes before touching. Really sets up over 24 hours. Came across it on a photo blog and applied to camera screen, phone screen, tablet. So far i like it. Phone and camera exposed to pocket change, keys, etc and no scratches/marks so far. Like the feel on the phone and nav screeen. Resists fingerprints-not as noticeable as without. And no bubbles on phone screen. Reapply in 4-6 months. Don't care for the plastics. Always a bubble/scratch and hard to clean. Hopefully this will work out-tow weeks-so far ok.

Just tried the scotch tape method of removing the corner of the protector....giant FAIL the protector wouldn't budge....

Sorry, I took that recommendation off the website........ ^^^^

Also, the liquid application sounds neat, but hard to imagine it makes it as smooth as with the protector . It sounds like the liquid "Clear Seal" I get from Zaino that comes in a pump spray bottle - very expensive. And also, for me, part of the reason I got it was to hide a flaw (surface seemed to be worn off in one spot - like maybe the previous owner has gas or something on her finger and touched the screen). The Lexerd hides that beautifully.

Not a problem, had to give it a try, but I am pleased with mine and honestly, you don't even notice the flaw....I am thinking of ordering the stuff double c is using, more for my phone then for the car, I'm pleased with the protector on the car, but Clair is right, I have yet to see a plastic protector applied completely without flaws. The protector that came with my Otterbox I really messed up in one corner, so that's why I'm thinking of ordering the Dynaflo Liquid Armor. Only question is, can you remove if you mess it up or are you stuck until it wears off?

I have applied about a half dozen screen protectors and have screwed up every one royally except this one. LOL. There is one tiny dust particle under the film, but I am sure only I notice it. Plus I can ONLY see it with the screen off, not when its on. The screen protector gods shined on me for this application - also, as recommended in the instructions, I used one of those aerosol keyboard cleaner cans just before applying to get rid of the dust/hairs.

I too am interested in this liquid product double c mentioned, though not necessarily for this application.

Not a problem' date=' had to give it a try, but I am pleased with mine and honestly, you don't even notice the flaw....I am thinking of ordering the stuff double c is using, more for my phone then for the car, I'm pleased with the protector on the car, but Clair is right, I have yet to see a plastic protector applied completely without flaws. The protector that came with my Otterbox I really messed up in one corner, so that's why I'm thinking of ordering the Dynaflo Liquid Armor. Only question is, can you remove if you mess it up or are you stuck until it wears off?[/quote']

Not sure how you would get it off except wear. Hard to mess up-even for me. Just wipe it on. Nanopolymer technology.

I have applied about a half dozen screen protectors and have screwed up every one royally except this one. LOL. There is one tiny dust particle under the film, but I am sure only I notice it. Plus I can ONLY see it with the screen off, not when its on. The screen protector gods shined on me for this application - also, as recommended in the instructions, I used one of those aerosol keyboard cleaner cans just before applying to get rid of the dust/hairs.

Don't try to fix it! I did and made mine much worse.

Emailed Lexerd and told them what I did and they are sending me a replacement, excellent customer service!