Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Guy from St Louis area.

Kolk1

The silver one is no longer for sale, so I guess he did trade it in, I might try and contact Lou Fusz Toyota and see what they want for it.

Bike doesnt have 300hp yet, old dyno chart was 228whp, stock motor, just intake exhaust and a 50 shot of nitrous. New build is rods, pistons, head work, ported throttle bodies, and a long list, but you get the point.

Coupe NEWB questions. For somebody who is mainly concerned with trap speed, more than a low 1/4 mile, is there certain mods you would lean towards?

Current plan(when I finally get a sho)

Airaid intake

Livernois Stage 4 tune

I want to keep the exhaust as quiet as possible. Has anybody gone catless, but kept the rest of the exhaust stock? Thats how my current turbo car, and it did make it a little louder but not much.

Also, I see a lot of people 170 thermostats, I know the point of it, but is it really a important mod on this car?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the silver one for $28,500 on craigslist at Lou Fusz. Private seller was asking 25k. I wonder what they gave him for it.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/3374697484.html

Same one fore 1,500 less? lol

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/3431341352.html

They origianlly listed it for 29,000 back on October 22nd, so the autotrader add just finally expired.

kevin:

Welcome to group. I live in West county STL. Have a '10 white SHO. Love it to death. Added recently Airaid cold air w/ Borla exhaust system. Sounds great, runs great. My friend w/ 2009 Challenger R/T isn't so sure anymore that he's faster. So if your over in west county near Dorsett & 270 & see a badass white blow by you it's me. Will be interested what you would do with sound system. Sony's is OK but nothing special.

Mike V

System is being planned, problem is, I get Kicker and Pioneer REALLY cheap. So thats why I normally run the Kicker QS 65.2s, and IX amplifies. If paying retail I would go with a different brand at the same 5-600 price point for the components, but for under 200, they cant be beat. So ill probably end up with QS's all the way around again, and maybe 2 inch L3s in a custom false wall in the trunk. First thing right off the bat will be reflash, intake and window tint. Then ill start piecing together the stereo. I still really want to do Dynaudio fronts on Zapco amps, but that would take longer, so ill just have to see how long I can put up with the stock stereo. lol

On the silver one for sale, I dont think id even offer 26k for it. There are about 15 on autotrader with mid/upper 20k miles, for $23-26k. I like silver, but its not the first color on my list. Id rather pay 26 and get a Cinnamon or bright Red, or White one for the same price. Some of them may be up to 500 miles away, but that doesnt bother me at all.

kevin:

Welcome to group. I live in West county STL. Have a '10 white SHO. Love it to death. Added recently Airaid cold air w/ Borla exhaust system. Sounds great, runs great. My friend w/ 2009 Challenger R/T isn't so sure anymore that he's faster. So if your over in west county near Dorsett & 270 & see a badass white blow by you it's me. Will be interested what you would do with sound system. Sony's is OK but nothing special.

Mike V

I work at manchester and 270. I am interested in hearing your exhaust. the stock exhaust is way to quiet, but at the same time, I dont want to stick 2 fart cans on the back and rice it up.

What do you guys think of this one? Its only about 200 miles away. I have a buyer that said he got approved for a loan on my car, so I might be picking this up in the Middle of next week.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=62002&ownerId=66496&listingType=all&sellerType=b&maxPrice=26000&listingId=320584625&modelCode1=TAURUS&driveCode=4WD%7CAWD&startYear=2010&makeCode1=FORD&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=0&minPrice=20000

Also, I see people talk about the Performance package. This is the description Ive found:

12S-SHO Performance Package" ($995) buys 20-inch Eagle F1 Supercar summer rubber, performance brake pads (clamping identical discs), 20-percent-stiffer damping, nine-percent-stiffer rear springs, and a bigger rear anti-roll bar plus a shorter final-drive ratio (3.17:1 versus 2.77:1), and performance tuning of the power steering and AdvanceTrac stability control systems.

Performance Package" ($995) buys 20-inch Eagle F1 Supercar summer rubber, performance brake pads (clamping identical discs), 20-percent-stiffer damping, nine-percent-stiffer rear springs, and a bigger rear anti-roll bar plus a shorter final-drive ratio (3.17:1 versus 2.77:1), and performance tuning of the power steering and AdvanceTrac stability control systems.

That being said, none of the SHO's in my price range say anything about that. Is there anything Visual I can see to know the difference? I will say honestly Im not overly concerned about it, but if 2 are the same price, and one has it, Ill take that one. lol Could possibly be that ones with PP are out of my price range.

What do you guys think of this one? Its only about 200 miles away. I have a buyer that said he got approved for a loan on my car, so I might be picking this up in the Middle of next week.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=62002&ownerId=66496&listingType=all&sellerType=b&maxPrice=26000&listingId=320584625&modelCode1=TAURUS&driveCode=4WD%7CAWD&startYear=2010&makeCode1=FORD&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=0&minPrice=20000

Also, I see people talk about the Performance package. This is the description Ive found:

12S-SHO Performance Package" ($995) buys 20-inch Eagle F1 Supercar summer rubber, performance brake pads (clamping identical discs), 20-percent-stiffer damping, nine-percent-stiffer rear springs, and a bigger rear anti-roll bar plus a shorter final-drive ratio (3.17:1 versus 2.77:1), and performance tuning of the power steering and AdvanceTrac stability control systems.

Performance Package" ($995) buys 20-inch Eagle F1 Supercar summer rubber, performance brake pads (clamping identical discs), 20-percent-stiffer damping, nine-percent-stiffer rear springs, and a bigger rear anti-roll bar plus a shorter final-drive ratio (3.17:1 versus 2.77:1), and performance tuning of the power steering and AdvanceTrac stability control systems.

That being said, none of the SHO's in my price range say anything about that. Is there anything Visual I can see to know the difference? I will say honestly Im not overly concerned about it, but if 2 are the same price, and one has it, Ill take that one. lol Could possibly be that ones with PP are out of my price range.

Yes there are a few things F1 supercars's and 20" wheels only on PP no spare tire also on PP, Adaptive cruise control does not come on PP cars. Lower grill driver side will be blocked off with a panel that says ACC. Other than that there really no other visual cue's.

Car listed in your post appear not be PP car, base on the listing of a spare tire.

I guess im not sure ive seen the 20's yet. I can obvioulsy tell the difference between the 2 sets I normally see, ones a 5 spoke that just splits at the end, and the other is more of a true 10 spoke like I posted up above. Or are the ones in my link 20s, but the difference is just it has all seasons instead of the F1 Supercars?

This is when it kinda sucks that I cant just go look at the car and see for myself. lol

I guess im not sure ive seen the 20's yet. I can obvioulsy tell the difference between the 2 sets I normally see, ones a 5 spoke that just splits at the end, and the other is more of a true 10 spoke like I posted up above. Or are the ones in my link 20s, but the difference is just it has all seasons instead of the F1 Supercars?

This is when it kinda sucks that I cant just go look at the car and see for myself. lol

These are the 20's on the car you posted. The others one you've described are 19"s. PP cars 20's are standard equipment, non PP come with 19's. 20's are optional and come with Michelin MXV4's.

Ok cool. Thats what I was hoping. Either way I like the Split almost 10 spoke design of the 20 a lot better than the 19s. It might be the same way, I havent looked yet, but on my Genesis, a lot of people got rid of the 19s and put on 20s, because the same tires were actually cheaper.

I missed a bunch of what you guys were saying but something at gateway would be great, i hit your facebook group, i have several pics of the badging that i did on my sho back quarter panel. My question to ford has always been, why are they letting the sho be a sleeper, i want the whole world to know my taurus is a sho, including the white mustang gt i played tag with out on page extension last week, good thing cops where already busy.

I did start a St Louis area SHO owners group on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/552031194811683/

What is this facebook?

lol. I may be one of the last holdouts..... but i am in IT, and i hear horror stories of data being shared where its not supposed to be, and other facebook fails. I dont care what some dude in my math class from 1987 looks like, much less his kids. if you were my freind, we would already be talking.

I have zero interest in ever getting a facebook account.

What is this facebook?

lol. I may be one of the last holdouts..... but i am in IT, and i hear horror stories of data being shared where its not supposed to be, and other facebook fails. I dont care what some dude in my math class from 1987 looks like, much less his kids. if you were my freind, we would already be talking.

I have zero interest in ever getting a facebook account.

My exact same sentiments.

Of course, it helps having an employer who frowns upon using social media sites such as FB, MS, and w/e the hell else is out there.

These are all examples of why I am glad, at least to some degree, I am not plugged into the Matrix.

You won't be the last "hold out". There are more of us out there.

A small contingent admittedly, but we exist.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

My exact same sentiments.

Of course, it helps having an employer who frowns upon using social media sites such as FB, MS, and w/e the hell else is out there.

These are all examples of why I am glad, at least to some degree, I am not plugged into the Matrix.

You won't be the last "hold out". There are more of us out there.

A small contingent admittedly, but we exist.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Count me in as a holdout! Never had it and don't want it. I have too many other things to do, and don't need to clue people in on what i am up to.