Ecoboost Owner Forums

Torque app users

What are your primary goals with the adapter' date=' most just to read diagnostic codes or are you wanting to datalog?[/quote']

I would use mine mainly for monitoring and data logging. The reason I asked is there are comments that some of the OBD2 bluetooth on Amazon do not work with late model Fords.

Both of these work with my 2004 Aviator, my 2011 SHO, my wife's 2010 MKT EcoBoost, and the first one also works my co-worker's 2004 Silverado. I haven't let him try the one in the second and third photos.

Here is a photo of the one I have that doesn't have all that great of a sampling rate and generates a lot of "faults" with the Torque app (I'm guessing dropped packet faults, not OBD2 faults). There are no stickers or identifying marks on the back of the case.

20121226_120825-1.jpg

And here is the one that works very well with a good sampling rate and almost no "faults" with Torque.

20121226_120608-1.jpg

20121226_120618-1.jpg

-Rod

This is mine.[ATTACH]1472[/ATTACH] As with most things there are thr good ones and the cheap (sometimes shitty) ones.

Based on the research I found online (through amazon) I found a retailer of these out of new york. Most of these cheap ones are out of hong kong. My cheap one seems to work great on the guages (I see no lag in the little refresh light inside each guage) but I have yet to actually run a datalog .

Not to hijack but on air to fuel ratio there is 2 different data sets, commanded and measured, what is the difference?

post-277-14253228928_thumb.jpg

This is mine.[ATTACH]1472[/ATTACH] As with most things there are thr good ones and the cheap (sometimes shitty) ones.

Based on the research I found online (through amazon) I found a retailer of these out of new york. Most of these cheap ones are out of hong kong. My cheap one seems to work great on the guages (I see no lag in the little refresh light inside each guage) but I have yet to actually run a datalog .

Not to hijack but on air to fuel ratio there is 2 different data sets, commanded and measured, what is the difference?

The commanded is what the car wants the air fuel ratio to be based on conditions (engine load/temp/MAP etc.)...measured is what the car is actually reading in the exhaust. Ideally you want them the same but in reality that won't often happen. That said my car is pretty accurate most of the time.

Back on topic...the cheaper adapters will usually work just fine but the more expensive ones typically have much faster update rates which is usually better for scanning /real time applications.