Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sirius Renewal

Question for everyone. I was driving home from work tonight and my trial Sirius subscription ended. I was surprised because I didn't get a phone call or a letter in the mail to try to sell me a renewal.

I do want to renew, but their advertised $15 a month seems pretty steep. I was hoping they'd call so I could try to counter with a lower number, but they never did.

Has anyone had any luck getting a cheaper subscription by calling to renew? Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

My experiences with SIRIUS (when it comes to renewals) is that there pretty stubborn on any type of "bargaining".

It doesn't seem they're willing to budge until AFTER you have terminated your service.

I have opted to downgrade to just the "music only" package which when I renewed, was only like $10 a month.

That package essentially involved only music channels and nothing more.

Good luck in w/e it is you choose.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I find Sirrus well worth the money, and I was dead set against it, since my first job was working in commercial radio, but having lived with Sirrus, I really like it. However, they will give you discounts, we just got one to renew for 6 months for $25.00. Also they have a deal (can't remember exactly) but something like your choice of 50 channels for $7.95 a month. I ended up renewing for 2 years as it was the best deal. My subscription ends in Feb. but I will be keeping it. But I too, like bpd only renewed for the music, I don't use any of their other services and found that I didn't use them during my trial period.

Do you guys find Sirus worth it? We have it here at work and it is always the same song rotation. I don't care for sports comentary so am wondering if I should bother.

. :)

With the amount of channels available, I always find something that I find entertaining. From oldies, to current, metal, hip hop, show tunes, humor, old radio shows, news, and sports....they really do offer a lot of choices.

Do you guys find Sirus worth it? :)

Yes. Wife has had it in her cars for almost 5 years across 2 cars. My 6 month trial runs out in March, but having 2 subscriptions on 1 account gives you a pretty good discount. I think 2 radios with all the extra sync stuff will cost us around $20 a month. Billed quarterly. You can get it a little cheaper by pre paying for 6 month or 1 year intervals.

At this point, we could not live without it. Even with the HUGE collection of MP3's I have (9000 cd's worth, 100,000 tracks) there are times when I just have to have talk.

Add to this we take at least 6 road trips a year between 800 and 2500 miles.

Thanks for all the replies.

I thought I could go without it for a while, but these last couple days have been rough. There are only a few FM stations that I like here, and the commercials are unbearable. The commercials are always on at the same time and take like 10 minutes it seems like.

I may just do it for the music then get Internet radio with it so I can get sports play by plays. I would like to have all the channels, but I found that I don't use them much. It's just a weird peace of mind or something knowing you have all the channels at your disposal.

Maybe I'll just sign up for 6 months at full price then cancel after that and try to get a deal.

If you call Sirrus I would bet they will offer you some deal, I know they have always made and offer whenever we have called them. Depending on what sports you want, I know, I've always been able to listen to NFL and NBA games that I've wanted to hear...do miss MLB since it's on XM.

Oh, also don't dismiss commercial radio, the commercials do pay the bills (and salaries)....my first really job was as an announcer for a local AM station, and it paid for my first Mustang and helped me have some spending money in high school. Plus it was a great experience...why AM? Because in those days FM was almost unheard of, and very few stations existed.

Fun, just checked Sirrus website and they don't show pricing for Lifetime subscription...they show 3 years for $557.00...which seems kinda high, since my wife always allows her subscription to expire and then they offer her 6 months for $25.00. I know when I last renewed my subscription on the SHO I got 2 years for around $225.00...now it's over $300.00. At those prices it is almost not worth the cost, I like the Sirrus but when you can listen to your own music or normal radio for no cost, it's getting close to price vs features, benefits, not being equal for me.

I have to renew soon so I am really interested if they offer a better deal then the advertised prices to keep me as a customer.

I Purchased the lifetime subscription on the Mustang when i bought it, forget how much i paid, but the break even point was 5 years, and it is locked to that radio (not transferable). I tried getting it for my wife's TT but they weren't offering it anymore, went with the 2 year on hers. I haven't subscribed yet on the SHO.

I believe that all subscriptions are locked to the radio...when I got the SHO I couldn't transfer the subscription from my Lincoln to the SHO....instead they cancelled that subscription, refunded the amount left on it and gave me a new subscription to the SHO. Seemed kinds weird way to do it, but that's how they seem to roll.

I have a portable Sirius radio with car kit that I got back in 2005 and paid $500 for a lifetime subscription at the time. You get up to 3 transfers on a lifetime sub (with a $75 transfer fee), of which I used one last year to upgrade to a newer radio. It paid itself off a long time ago plus I'm grandfathered in for free Internet radio so I can listen online at work all day long! Now that I have the factory Sirius trial in the SHO I'll keep it active once the trial is over and use the portable radio in my truck so I have Sirius in both vehicles.

EVERYONE please don't be so cheap and keep your Sirius subscription active. It's well worth the $12-18/month to not have to listen to those awful commercials on terrestrial radio! (Full disclosure: I own a ton of Sirius stock so it's in my best interest to promote the service! :) )