Ecoboost Owner Forums

For those looking for more punch...

I found this on LiveHotDeals and ordered it, it's too good of a deal to pass up.

http://livehotdeals.com/Sony-XDP-PK1000-Digital-Link-Sound-System_109645

Here is an article with a good description of the system.

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/reports/2685-sony-xdp-pk1000-sound-system

I ordered an Audiocontrol line level converter as I'm not sure if i will use any of the DSP. Worst case scenario, the DSP will go in the ST for my son. If I ever get my hands on wiring I may try to integrate this DSP into the factory system, as it seems to give more control options than the stock DSP....go figure.

http://www.amazon.com/LC2i-Audiocontrol-2-channel-converter-factory/dp/B004CTBYGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355019153&sr=8-1&keywords=audiocontrol+lc2i

At the very least, I will just use the sub, amp, and LC2i to add a sub. I may use the dsp box just to isolate and control the standalone and the factory subs from the rest of the system.

No matter what, this is an inexpensive way to get a proper sub in our SHOs.

Keep in mind, this is 175 bucks with the $25.00 gift card. Shipping is free.

Just thought id add, that sony pack comes with a processor. That processor has Hi Level inputs, so you dont need a Line output converter. Also the processor has RCA outputs, so you can run that to the amp for the Sub. BUT it doesnt come with any power wire/remote wire/ground wire/ or RCAs, so you need to also purchase a 8 gauge amp kit. If you ever think you might go bigger, go ahead and install 4 gauge wire to be safe. But for the amp, 8 gauge is fine.

I honestly wouldnt expect much out of that processor, it says it does about 17 rms per channel. I know if you have the Sony system, thats going to be the same, if not less power than you already have. Sony system says it does 390 watts, so probably not even 200rms, then over 6 main speakers (tweeters dont need much) You are still probably only 25rms At BEST per speaker. Most factory radios have about 5-7rms from the factory, newer base model systems are getting higher than that, getting closer to 10rms. Alpine sells a Power pack that goes behind the radio, just inline with the factory wiring, and is rated at 50rms per channel. But it costs $150 for the nice one, $100 for the basic one.

The sub will make the most difference in this setup. Anything you can do to get bass off stock speakers, the better.

Just thought id add, that sony pack comes with a processor. That processor has Hi Level inputs, so you dont need a Line output converter. Also the processor has RCA outputs, so you can run that to the amp for the Sub. BUT it doesnt come with any power wire/remote wire/ground wire/ or RCAs, so you need to also purchase a 8 gauge amp kit. If you ever think you might go bigger, go ahead and install 4 gauge wire to be safe. But for the amp, 8 gauge is fine.

I honestly wouldnt expect much out of that processor, it says it does about 17 rms per channel. I know if you have the Sony system, thats going to be the same, if not less power than you already have. Sony system says it does 390 watts, so probably not even 200rms, then over 6 main speakers (tweeters dont need much) You are still probably only 25rms At BEST per speaker. Most factory radios have about 5-7rms from the factory, newer base model systems are getting higher than that, getting closer to 10rms. Alpine sells a Power pack that goes behind the radio, just inline with the factory wiring, and is rated at 50rms per channel. But it costs $150 for the nice one, $100 for the basic one.

The sub will make the most difference in this setup. Anything you can do to get bass off stock speakers, the better.

I agree, which is the main goal.

Anything else will just be a bonus.

There are multiple ways this system can be integrated, depending on how much work I want to put into it. That will depend on what happens with just the sub added.

One thing you could do, use the LOC, and install the sub and amp. When tuning, keep the bass low on the radio, and adjust the gain on the amp to blend in the sub. Lowering the bass level on the radio will lower the bass level to the speakers, less bass on the doors, means clearer sound, AND you will have more available power for mids and highs. Then maybe sell the processor to somebody with an older base model car, and get some of your money back. lol Win win.