Ecoboost Owner Forums

Any way to convert the "dummy" trunk tail lights into functioning lights?

the area surrounding the reverse lights on the trunk are not lit. Seems like they could have been lit up/and or the reverse light could be two stage light. For example the area is red when running, but white when in reverse.

I wonder if there are any LED bulbs that are red/white. I know there are amber/white ones.

title says it all. I cant believe these things aren't lit in the first place.

i know exactly what you mean, i was asking myself the same question. since i have an extra pair that nobady seems want to buy im probably going to heat them up and open them and istall some leds in there and then re-wire it, according to how the trunk lifts up...

I have seen a company that makes LED set-ups to replace the lights and they also light the part of the lights in the trunk deck. However, it is just the components and I believe the kit is in the $300.00 range, and requires extensive work and rewiring to install and make work correctly. Sorry, I don't have a reference name or site.

I just received the LED taillight kit tonight and it does appear that I'm in for a wiring project this winter. While the kit itself appears to be of impressive quality, very little of the wiring is labeled and there are absolutely no instructions. I'll get to put a small part of my electrical engineering degree to use.

-Rod