Ecoboost Owner Forums

Well the 2013 SHO is in Winter Storage...

Never been a fan of storing, it's my opinion it does more harm then good. The most common problem I see from storing cars is all refrigerant leaks out. However I am not a fan driving in slush and salt and snow either, I recommend taking out and driving for 20mins on nice days every couple of weeks. That way seals and other things get regularly exercised, I would use fuel stabilizer still as gas goes stale quickly. Again just from my person experiences and learning from others, just my opinion.

I personally bought the SHO because it is AWD and I can have fun all year around and up here we normally have snow for about 4 months per year... I put about 20-22K miles on it per year which includes a good 5K miles per year of useless miles of driving around for fun! I am not planning on keeping it for more than 5 years total... And I don't expect to receive much in return at the end either!

Hhmmm..... interesting.

I'm with Steve on this one.

I purchased my SHO knowing that she was AWD and that old man Winter has his up's and down's here in Chi-Town.

Although IDK how long I'll keep my 2010 beast, suffice it to say, longer than 5yrs.

At some point I won't commit her to DD duties, and will eventually turn her into a garage queen.

Suffice it to say that the previous GEN SHO owners have done an absolute remarkable job of keeping their SHO's for 20 years +! :hail:

Knowing that the 2010 was the 1st year they were reintroduced, it's intruiging to me to pay homage to the lineage, and am compelled to retain ownership for years to come.

But in the short term, due to a myriad of reasons, I just don't see storing her as an option at this moment.

Scott, we would like to know what 1995 "mistake" you're opting to motor around in though...... that's a pretty funny way to state it. :nod:

I'm guessing the '95 Mistake might be a Mercury Mystique? Cute! Like the Ford Exploder, ya know?

Actually though, if its a '95 and still running through winter, it ain't all bad.

I actually bought my Lincoln to keep my Mercury nice. Nuts, eh? I'll run the MKS in all but the worst and my 2003 Marauder has graduated/semi-retired from 3-season driver to garage queen status. For really ugly weather and ski trips, there's a Navigator on Blizzaks.

Actually, I don't disagree with either argument on this one. I see nothing wrong with storage, I kept my GT-350 in storage most of the time and never, never took it out in any sort of bad weather. However, there is nothing wrong with using the SHO in the winter the AWD is a big plus for winter driving. I'm just glad that my schedule allows me to keep my car off the road in most of the bad weather, but it is still outside most of the time.

I store the 65 for the winter, but it is still easy to drive if needed. I just put in fuel stabilizer, a float charger for the battery and a car cover. If it's nice out, driving it only requires taking off the cover and float charger. The tires aren't flat spotted, and it normally sits on it's springs anyway.

The SHO will be used year round and sometimes i have to go to upstate NY in the winter and the AWD will be nice.

If you're storing it for the winter I would recommend a float charger (Harbor Freight usually has them on sale for 6 dollars) instead of disconnecting the battery, which will still lose a charge albeit a lot slower if there is nothing hooked up. Plus all you radio stations and settings will still be there when you go to use it.

I personally bought the SHO because it is AWD and I can have fun all year around and up here we normally have snow for about 4 months per year... I put about 20-22K miles on it per year which includes a good 5K miles per year of useless miles of driving around for fun! I am not planning on keeping it for more than 5 years total... And I don't expect to receive much in return at the end either!

amen brother!!

I store my SHO in bad weather as well. It only sees rain or snow if the meteorologists are wrong (and I believed them). For most of the winter months the SHO sits in the back of my garage, but I will take it out on nice days when the streets are dry. That's a large part of the reason it only has 9900 miles and I bought it new in June of 2010 as a 2011 model. This winter, during the snowy weeks, assuming we get any, I plan to convert the taillights to LEDs. We'll see how that goes.

For less pristine weather I drive a black Lincoln Aviator. The black makes it a fun challenge to keep looking nice through the winter with all the salt that gets used here. The Aviator serves duty the rest of the year as the tow rig for the camper, so for me it makes sense to store the SHO rather than investing in winter tires as well.

-Rod