Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ace alloy 22" what do ya think.

I have issues and can not seem to leave the OEM wheels on any of my vehicles except my first one. I am thinking of these Ace Alloy Convex. What is the offset of the OEM PP 20"? Looks like a 245/30-22 for a tire size. Going to do some more looking around and see how a 35 profile will work instead of the 30 to keep the overall wheel size almost identical. Does anyone have some mad photo shop skills? I cant decide between three colors. I have a 2013 SHO in green.

2dl0l5j.jpg

vgmzc9.jpg

etrudw.jpg

Yea its nice but I really love the major concave that convex has. Vossen also makes some very nice wheels. Hmmm I wonder if 22x10.5 would fit all the way around then I could ROTATE them! I will look into those sizes I'm still a little clueless on the exact sidewall vs width. The Audi R8 has a 2.2% taller rear tire in the back which makes me feel a little better for the AWD system.

I have been hunting and hunting for our car with aftermarket 20/22" wheels. The widest tire I have seen so far is a 275 on a 20x10 out back this one is a 22x10.5 with a 285. I know the wheels are way to much I have just been looking for a size reference.

http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/72692-lincoln-mks-hres-who-does.html

The front tire on this car is actually 1mm shorter/same width as bpd1151's TSW setup and rear is 3mm taller/10mm wider. I am using everyones aftermarket setup as a baseline for overall tire size. I shot them an email asking what offset they used on the rear since this is wider than anyone has gone thus far.

I have been hunting and hunting for our car with aftermarket 20/22" wheels. The widest tire I have seen so far is a 275 on a 20x10 out back this one is a 22x10.5 with a 285. I know the wheels are way to much I have just been looking for a size reference.

http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/72692-lincoln-mks-hres-who-does.html

The front tire on this car is actually 1mm shorter/same width as bpd1151's TSW setup and rear is 3mm taller/10mm wider. I am using everyones aftermarket setup as a baseline for overall tire size. I shot them an email asking what offset they used on the rear since this is wider than anyone has gone thus far.

That's good to know. Do you know how similar the suspension parts/fenders/etc. is from the MKS to the Taurus? I've been looking at 285/30/22 in the back & 265/35/22 in the front. Good to see a lowered MKS with the 285s but idk if they're the same as the Taurus?

• 2 weeks later...

Well after exchanging emails with wheelsboutique a few times they keep avoiding the question on what offset they used on the Lincoln MKS with the 10.5 rear wheel. I told them I had a 2013 Taurus SHO and they said it would fit. They qouted me $9,000 for the wheels and asked for a deposit. Insane? They wouldnt "calculate the offset" until receiving the deposit. They are just being stingy keeping information to their self. I did find a 3d Carbon MKS from SEMA in 2008 with some 22"s on there. They look staggered but I cant tell. I shot them and the people who make the wheels an email asking for the specs. Heres a pic. Not a fan of the wheel design but I do like the lip they have gives the car a good look.

2cfcviu.jpg

zx6tc9.jpg

And this is interesting? Hmmmm...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4008874/2009-lincoln-mks/

2uqiwra.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you could decrease weight by going with an aftermarket wheel that is 22" then I would go for it, otherwise you are diminishing your cars breaking, acceleration, and MPG by going up close to 5 lbs. a corner. Now if you drop 10 lbs from stock a corner, you will really love the bonus, but I really don't see that happening with a 22". In other words, leave the 22's in the hood.

Well after exchanging emails with wheelsboutique a few times they keep avoiding the question on what offset they used on the Lincoln MKS with the 10.5 rear wheel. They qouted me $9,000 for the wheels and asked for a deposit. Insane? They wouldnt "calculate the offset" until receiving the deposit. They are just being stingy keeping information to their self.

I really hope you aren't seriously considering doing business with a company that isn't willing to be helpful with a potential customer....I can't even imagine doing business. Do you really think they will offer better customer support once they have your money? I doubt it, sounds like you should hunt a wheel dealer that is willing to be helpful from the start. I would steer away from this place actually I would run from them!

• 3 weeks later...