Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tuner pre purchase questions

honestly the CAI is more noise fluff than actual performance gain, but i justify the purchase on the basis that it allows more efficient airflow in my car and i had the extra cash to spend on it. I can hear the turbos much more post CAI install, and with the stock box the turbos are kinda quiet.

I am an exception. The airaid improved a few things for my car. It seemed to make the in gear idle better, and generally feels better ( throttle response). I purchased the tune first, used it for a few months, and then bought the intake. I am not convinced it made the car faster, but it just feels better. And, I did get my best 0 to 60 time after I had installed it. Lots of other variables though......

^^ Absolutely' date=' the tune is mind blowing, the CAI is "neat".[/quote']

I'm glad we seem to think alike... I've got a serious twitch for "mind-blowing" but "neat" can wait awhile.

Truthfully, I've intended to get a tune for my MKS since, well, before I had even purchased it. But I wanted to drive it as it was made for a few months to better appreciate the tune's improvement. I'm about ready!

I know one of the things that that is keeping me from tuning are for the '13 SHO, we only have the equivalent of a LMS stage 1 tune. Most people who are tuned, that herald how the car feels and performs after getting tuned, are running LMS stage 4. Since initially tuning a '13 SHO, I’ve not see anything from LMS about more options coming out.

There's no such thing as "stages" right now for the 2013. Two tunes are available, 91 or 93 octane. I am running 91 right now and it's pretty strong compare to stock. I understand it's close to stage 4 from previous years model in term of performance but transmission and engine management are a bit different. Rick could tell you more though...