Ecoboost Owner Forums

Just did first "road trip" in the 2013 SHO...a few observations

330 miles. 270 miles on interstate. 60 Miles on state highway through the Ozarks. (Stl to NW Arkansas)

Overall, 22.2 mpg. That's a PP car, speeds between 80-90 on the interstate and 65 pn the state highway and plenty of passing requiring 4th gear downshifts.

I did run a test. S mode in 6th gear gets about 1 less mpg than D mode in 6th. Did 100 miles in each on the interstate. I guess the S mode fuel mappings eat more fuel.

The car held the road like a champ. Passed effortlessly when needed, quite inside.

My only problem is there is to much bend in my knee from sitting position. My entire right leg in particular was resting against the center tunnel. I have the seat back pretty far and the wheel fully extended. I just think there needs to be more leg room. Yes the pedals are all the way down.

It was a 4:30 trip. My legs were toast. I have o figure something out before I drive 17 hours to Florida this summer.

The trunk, fit al our cloths and kids Xmas stuff with room to spare. Love the huge trunk.

I took my SHO on it's first road trip a couple weeks ago to San Diego for the Chargers/Bengals game. We got 22 MPG as well. We met a really nice California Highway Patrol Officer. He stopped us to let us know we were going 90 MPH. I thanked him for confirming the accuracy of my speedometer. No ticket, just a visit. But I'm a lil suprised as he was a Charger fan too. When my wife explained that we were going to the game he was like cool!! I'm a Charger fan too!! Then she told him, well not him, he likes NASCAR. I looked at her in awe and said, are you trying to convince him to give me a ticket???? It was like that video Chris Rock did where he said don't drive with an angry woman. ( He's got weed, he's got weed!!!) look it up on utube if you havent seen it. Women!!! Anyway, the car was awesome on the trip!! Gonna be taking it to Knott's Berry Farm on the 26th!

Took my 2010 non pp sho 540 miles yesterday. Got 24.5 mpg at 75-80 mph. Rode like a dream. The seat heater and massager helped out. Ford made these cars almost too comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

Btw, that's with the stage 4+ loaded!

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

• 2 weeks later...
With the elusive' date=' but awesome, hill assist icon, we can only get to 5.[/quote']

To clarify, in hill assist mode, the car only goes up to 5th on its own, but if you tap the paddle (above the requisite speed (ie 45)) , then it will go into 6th and the icon disappears from the dash.

Ran some errands and tested it. In my car it would not let me into 6th until I reached 42-43 MPH. When it did' date=' I was turning over 1000RPM.[/quote']

On a turbo car, not sure why you would want to be in any gear under 1,500 rpm at minimum. You have to drive a turbo with a different mind set than you do a big lumping NA V8.

On a turbo car' date=' not sure why you would want to be in any gear under 1,500 rpm at minimum. You have to drive a turbo with a different mind set than you do a big lumping NA V8.[/quote']

This is true, I can tell you though, when I'm in "shift" mode I am driving the car spirited. The RPM's stay up, I'm not looking at MPG. I bought the car for fun. When I want max MPG I take the wife's Fusion Hybrid. :)