Ecoboost Owner Forums

Brought home Lightning!

Paulford8

So two months ago I bought a super low mile 95 XR7. It was nice and a great car. That said it was lacking a few things, things that I like. Cargo space was one. Actually every since I traded my F150 for the SHO I have needed a truck. Also it was lacking that KABAM! SO I traded it and some $$$ for a 1994 Lightning F150.

The Lightning has a GT40 head/intake 351 stock, with 4.10 gears. Looks like it was left stock mechanically but the guy put lots of accessories on, most of which are coming off this week. Excellent condition all and all. Very happy with it.

94Lightning001_zpsfb461f90.jpg

94Lightning003_zps12844776.jpg

94Lightning005_zps4bcb7b3c.jpg

94Lightning004_zps2fc6e777.jpg

94Lightning006_zpsfa53427a.jpg

94Lightning007_zps54df838e.jpg

WOWZERS!

What a find indeed. Looks like it was VERY well maintained.

Loved the pics, as well as the read about how it was obtained, what was performed by the previous owner, as well as what your initial plans are for it......

Very cool & thanks for posting :thumb:

Please keep the community updated with your progress and/or updated pics, etc.

How much HP Paul? Are you taking of those painted running boards? I really liked that XR7' date=' but I like this a lot too.[/quote']

Common you guys keep giving a twinge of buyers remorse. The XR7 was prestine and got good fuel economy. Those two facts aside the Lightning gives me the option to haul without borrowing all the time, is super fun to drive, looks/will look good.

Yeah it looks like the front fender flare and running boards are all one piece. The the back fender flare is attached to some ground effects. Looks bad. That said truck is in fantastic condition so they have probably been keeping salt off her all the years. Considering leaving them on until spring.

I have a buddy that will probably come with me to Cordova Paul. He is a lightning junkie he has a 1st Gen like the red one you just picked up( that has seen alot more salt than yours) and an 04 lightning that is his daily driver.

Awesome! I may ask some questions as I have a many. Best way to convert to MAF, tuning, what mods need tune, can I do any mods without tune?

I will actually probably join the National Lightning Owners Club this weekend.

You can get the same MAF conversion that the fox guys get for 5.0's I believe. Dont really think there are too many "tunes" available on those older fords. I have always done bolt ons and never had to tune anything on foxes. Underdrives, headers, msd, heads, intake swap, cam, all that stuff.But he will know lightning specifics

You can get the same MAF conversion that the fox guys get for 5.0's I believe. Dont really think there are too many "tunes" available on those older fords. I have always done bolt ons and never had to tune anything on foxes. Underdrives, headers, msd, heads, intake swap, cam, all that stuff.But he will know lightning specifics

I think that MAF is the way to go. There is this device a "Tweecer" many have used to tune the Speed Density system. Sounds like a PITA. The MAF set up is much more mod friendly. I had a Fox also and never had to tune anything, but this speed density crap doesnt like bolt-ons. Reading about converting to MAF right now!

I have been reading tuning the stock speed density with a Tweecer. Sounds like you can compensate for a lot but the MAF system will self compensate in some cases. Also read something about how the injectors fire with MAF vs. SD. Dont know, need to keep reading.

That is a beautiful truck Boatwaco!!! Mine looks more like now as I have removed most of the accessories. That said it will always be crimson red, would rather have black like you had.

Must post pics of de-tacky'd truck.....

Was going to today Todd but it snowed over night. Guess I could brush it off....

Been reading for the past HOUR about ECMs. Sounds like the Speed Density ECM doesnt adapt well, and converting to MAF is not the best answer either. The happiest guys have pulled the EFI system off the Ford ECM and are running it with a F.A.S.T system. This sounds like a 2014 project :) I think in 2013 a louder exhaust with shiny exhaust tips will be enough.....

• 2 weeks later...

Funny your Lightning project begins, now,

"Our" 2013 titanium eco flex got ordered 2 days ago. Probably wont see it for 2 months?

time to research some goodies.

Found this site, from your posts on NLOC.

my "94"L, 393cid t-70 7psi 512/497 RWHP/TQ

Nice site, Just remember to have FUN, thats what its all about. :nod:

• 1 month later...

Just saw your reply... Glad you came to check this out, it is a great site!

Yeah the Lightning is ahhh well a future major project. The wife is a little pissed.. I spent a year buying Mustang parts, a solid year + buying SHO parts, and now buying Lighting parts. I probably wont go nuts on it until I pay off the SHO and get a gas mileadge getter.

I did actually pull the rear bumper off and install a roll pan. Looks great, need to take some pics.

I want some details on your combo! Sounds like what I want to do!