Ecoboost Owner Forums

Which tire to race with in cold.

On my car now are the stock goodyear RSAs. They have seen better days as I have about 38K. I have in corner of garage stacked up 20" wheels with Goodyear F1s with very low miles.

This weekend I plan to 1/4. First it was 27 and sunny, now 27 and cloudy. Assuming it stays in the 20s which tire would serve me best?

The RSA's are near shot, just trying to limp along to spring. But the Eagle F1s are summer tires and may not grip in the cold.

Ok. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you can do a burnout with an AWD car in the burnout box that's setup to only allow one axle over the box at a time? Wouldn't you either lurch forward as the rears put power down or go into shutdown mode if the fronts spin faster than the rears? I am honestly confused as to how you guys are doing this. Thanks!

Ok. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you can do a burnout with an AWD car in the burnout box that's setup to only allow one axle over the box at a time? Wouldn't you either lurch forward as the rears put power down or go into shutdown mode if the fronts spin faster than the rears? I am honestly confused as to how you guys are doing this. Thanks!

The fact of the mater is you can't. If we could properly heat up our tires I think 11's would have been seen a while ago.

It has been done though. There is a member on here that reported a burn trans which he believed was caused by trying to do burn outs. My last trip I spun so bad I tried pulling through once, and doing a burn out. It burned out plenty after the water box, and burned out plenty after the green light too!

Even with summer performance tires I will be trying to drive around it if possible. At this track Jan 1 the left lane is pretty easy to drive around, right is tough. I try to wave off the kid with the hose too... Hopefully since it will be so cold they wont use water at all.

So I test ran and wow. The all seasons totally break loose from a 25 mph roll. I was 100% for the all seasons before that but they are holding nothing.... NOW that was with 45 PSI, and I will be 28 at the track. I might try the same roll run with the summers this weekend just to compare. They are bigger/heavier rims, tires actually have tread, etc.

After my test I pondered once again. How in the heck hasnt one of you guys hit 11s yet? Mine is neck jerking, break AWD loose, wicked strong, and a few guys on here are beyond my level.

It's below 30' date=' my f1's with Le miles are worthless o-60. The traction control comes on very easily. No way I would try and push em in winter.[/quote']

Glad you chimed in, that will save me doing my experiment. I will just let the air out of the RSA's and hope for the best! They really didnt hold much yesterday but again that was 45 PSI.

• 3 months later...